Borla catback installedlast week... Observations

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well finally got it done. Went for the Borlas after some investigation on all systems. Most people are correct when they say that you really have to hear them in person to know for sure. The car definitely sounds better than stock and I think I notice a slight gain on performance but its most probably the new sneaker syndrome (run faster, jump higher, etc). I have made some observations that may help others looking to make a change.

The car wont sound like a V8. I know its been said 1000 times and I definitely thought it would be closer than it is, even with the new exhaust. The muscle car V8 sound is much meaner in my opinion.

The drone is considerable during certain times in accelleration. I can see where that would be quite annoying for some people.

The tips seem to be hotter than the stock setup. I dont know if it is my imagination or the fact that the stainless reflects more heat internally??

I am getting more black residue on my rear bumper although I am not sure if it is exhaust related. It would not seem to make sense that it would be the exhaust as the 02 sensor would (should) correct any rich condition from the change in back pressure??

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed more soot on my GTS's bumper after installing the MOPAR exhaust too. I like the sound though.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting more black residue on my rear bumper although I am not sure if it is exhaust related.

New Exhaust = Driving Faster = More Brake Dust!! :D

Sorry that is not brake dust. I had the Borla's on also and the rear of the car sooted up with black junk every trip. The exhaust tips are stuck in to far. And the cabin drone was terrible.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone here once said the distance the tips stick out can be increased by adjusting the various under car pipe connections for maximum length. I guess that means slip fitting them as little as possible as opposed to shoving them together until the inner pipe bottoms out inside the outer pipe..

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With new pipes, there will be a little more soot as the stuff they are oiled up with burns off. Should taper out after a while but you will still get more soot than you did with the OEM pipes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte