Brake Covers available for Gen 1/2 rear calipers!!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're back! Dress covers for the non-ABS rear calipers on Gen 1 and Gen 2 Vipers. The brake covers are $45/pair with purchase of 40mm calipers or $55/pair plus $5 shipping when purchased alone.

IM000752.JPG

Now you can get big brake performance and some bling without spending over $1000. Total cost of 40mm calipers with covers is $705 + $15 shipping (cores must be returned), saving you thousands over "big brake" kits. Installation instructions and more pictures are at Brake Covers. Safety and performance improvement with 40mm brakes is shown at 40mm Performance. The covers fits on OEM and 40mm calipers. At this time, comes only in black and "Viper" logo. Pictures installed on car coming....

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave.

I feel schtupid for dragging my feet in getting these for sale again. They were good holiday season items last time. I have gotten many requests since then - apologies to the many when I ran out.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got one of Tom's last sets sometime last year. Extremely easy to install (30 mins and I took a Sprite break inbetween) and multi-million times better looking than my old calipers that were showing a little rust on the outside! Sometime soon will come Tom's 40mm rear brake updake kit and maybe stainless steel brakelines at the same time!

Tom, if you want to post some pics of the covers installed on my car, just let me know!

Last edited:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I love the brake cover idea. I am a viper brake ignoramus. I don't see the holes on the end of my brake pads that are shown on your website...here are mine...2001 RT/10...

You must be registered for see images

Will I need to remove something? Is it $60 a pair delivered or per cover?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I love the brake cover idea. I am a viper brake ignoramus. I don't see the holes on the end of my brake pads that are shown on your website...here are mine...2001 RT/10...

You must be registered for see images

Will I need to remove something? Is it $60 a pair delivered or per cover?

You have ABS, therefore, these covers won't fit.

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it $60 a pair delivered or per cover?

Yes, sorry Ken, these are for non-ABS 1992-2000 Vipers. But thanks for pointing out my poor description -

The price is $55 per pair (enough for one car) and includes attaching hardware. Add $5 for USPS Priority Mail (2 day) shipping.

US Post Office Global Priority Mail envelopes (9"x12") are a flat rate of $13, so customers in the UK, Canada, Europe and elsewhere are welcome to combine orders to save shipping costs. I'll put as many pair in there as I can.

The first customer was actually in Sweden - he was very persistent about me getting more made, so we can all thank Erik for being so pleasant while hounding me!!

With purchase of 40mm brakes, the price is $45 and will be shipped with the brakes (no added shipping cost.)

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm making a list of "red" requests (presumably for Stoptech fronts?) but there aren't many. Set-up charge per color makes low volume run cost prohibitive. Perhaps will offer unpainted + attaching hardware as the alternative. PM me your contact info and I'll put you on the list.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte