Broken Viper Key - Thanks to all!

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for the post on the forum. My key broke and called dealer and found out cost was $90.00 :shocked: but they would give me a discount! Still $70.00. I did a search and found this from a while ago and was able to get 2 keys for about half the price of one!

"Check out ebay at: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=dodge+viper+key
or search for "dodge viper key" you'll find several."

Thanks VCA and everyone who posts! ;)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I've got two keys (red/blk) and an iginition for $80 - never used. Will not separate.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Broken Viper Key - Thanks to all!

This may be a stupid question but any qualified key maker can make duplicates using this Viper blank, right? Also, should I stick with OEM Mopar key?

thanks

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All you do is bring your car to the dealer and have them cut it there. I did that and it works great. It costs like $5 to do. I got the key with the red logo on it and I think it looks great.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I didn't feel the plastic Viper key did the car justice. So I had a local jeweler make one out of Sterling Silver. Turned out beautiful. Tony at Shamrock Jewelers in Lake Park Fl. made it and I had him keep the mold if anyone wants one.