Build Sheet Picture Enclosed

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don;t confuse the above with a "build" sheet. A build sheet contains all the codes required to build the car so that the line techs know what equipment the car should be built with.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt M, PA:
Don't confuse the above with a "build" sheet. A build sheet contains all the codes required to build the car so that the line techs know what equipment the car should be built with.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is a little closer to what you mean:

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

I shot this one when I picked up my own car last year. I wonder who has this car? It is a 2000 black GTS with a Connelly interior, VIN ending in 602695. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually in the plant we call them Track Sheets, they tell us what parts to put on the vehicle.

Each dept. (Metal shop, lines A-E),(Paint, lines F1-F9), (Trim & Chassis line G & H),(Inspection, line I), have a track sheet with a different number (all have the same VIN#).(and you can look up a vehicles location in the plant by them or the last 6 digits of the VIN).

If I knew the plant Code I could probably log on to CAAP and track the location of the cars there
. I know I can log on to other plants, I've done it. But who's really worried about tracking the inplant location of their minivan

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Line 7, second column "FRT LICEN", labeled "YES", would that refer to a front plate? If so, there goes one of our defenses in traffic court.

Comfort group, tonneau? Scary...

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless they do it different at CAAP, the front license plate bracket isn't installed at the plant.
It's part of a dealer prep package (floor mats, license plate bracket, etc) that's thrown on the passenger floorboard (or in the trunk) of the vehicle for dealer installation, because some states only require a rear plate.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
I did Bob, it's on the Active Topic page. Your right CAAP does not install the license bracket at the factory. Most dealers leave it off until the customer requests that they install it. As in most cases Snake owners do not want the license bracket on the front of the car and just place the front license plate in the dash.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jason,
You are correct that the dealer puts on the license plate in the front.I know that we ( Woodhouse Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep ) , Fitzgerald, Roanoke, Latham, Claude Short, and the other large dealers NEVER put on the front plate. We leave it up to the customer and Viper owners are pretty vehement if you put it on without their consent. Rest assured it won't happen at most dealerships.