Special Category*
Segment: Coupe
Price: $83,145
Engine: 8.3 Liter, 510 Horsepower, V10
0-60: under 4 seconds
Closest Competitor: Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Closest Competitor's Engine: 7.0 liter 505hp V8
Closest Competitor 0-60: under 4 seconds

If cost is no concern, it's hard to lose when choosing among the Z06 Corvette, Cadillac XLR-V, Dodge Viper, and company. But in a class where performance matters most, the Viper wins the category. The 510 horsepower SRT10 V10 engine is capable of pushing the coupe to 60 in under four seconds. The coupe version is new this year. And unlike some other all-out performers, the Viper keeps its value. In fact, it's No. 2 on Edmund's list of the top 10 residual values for 2006.

*Determined by engine size, horsepower and 0-60 time.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, and it LOOKS a lot better too!

And give it about three years when the used C6 vettes are around with 'stick-on' Z06 look-a-like scoops & spoilers, etc. ... you'll never see a Viper's looks copied like that.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of two myself in LI. rear quarters and all. Must be a pretty easy swap.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Yea, and it LOOKS a lot better too!

And give it about three years when the used C6 vettes are around with 'stick-on' Z06 look-a-like scoops & spoilers, etc. ... you'll never see a Viper's looks copied like that.

I have a funny anecdote....

I was vacationing in Ibiza, Spain around 5 years ago. There was this obnoxious Italian who would drive to downtown Ibiza everyday, same time, and illegally park his L98 vette with a VIPER BODY KIT!!!!

He was the biggest show off, he was more proud than a mouse sitting on a big cheese!!

One day that I could not take it anymore, and with the help of alcohol and who knows what else, I approached the guy when he was trying to pick up a girl talking about his "viper"

"Hey, nice kit car" I said... so the guy started arguing with me, he even opened the hood and I pointed out to his date all the chevrolet parts!!!

He was still trying to save face, so I pulled out my insurance card and said "I know what a Viper is because I have one, A$$ hole!!" :D

I guess you had to be there, but that felt so good... the guy must have pushed his kit car in the ocean the next day, because I did not see him in the next 10 days I was there.

end....