Buying a 2000 GTS with TNT options

Konrad

VCA Member
Reaction score
I am picking up a very nice and low miles, one owner 2000 GTS tomorrow. The owner has told me that when he bought the car he shipped it to Roy Terpstra (TNT) and that they "tore the engine down and rebuilt it completely" but unfortunately any paperwork he had on it was stolen from his office. The car has the telltale middle seat TNT inserts and embroidered headrest. Apparently the bill was tens of thousands of dollars. Test drove the car and it is a beast (for a normally aspirated Gen2)

So here is my question: Is there anyone I can contact or any other way to find out what was done to the car and the specs of the mods? Car has 2300 miles and would be good to know what is inside...

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have not heard from Roy or Joe at TNT for numerous years. They had a TNT 555 kit that included ported heads, 1.7 rockers, Comp Cam, Long tube headers and high flow
cats and a fresh air intake system. A 3.55 gear and light flywheel were often added as well.

KBS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a 1994 TNT Viper with no paperwork. I didn't have any luck either. I did some research on the internet regarding the TNT's. Apparently they originally worked on Hennessey putting in a similar package in the Vipers. Eventually Hennessey took them to court and won which pretty well shut them down. The court case is on the internet.
Good luck

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Konrad, TNT had a wide variety of engine packages. Do a google search and you can see the various packages. The only way to know for sure what you have is to have a qualified tech look over the car. Headers and intakes are easy to spot, you can figure out if there's a 3:55 without opening up the diff.

For a head or cam package (or bottom end upgrades ) you would obviously have to tear into the motor and inspect.

One simple thing you should do is put it on a dyno and see what kind of power it's making. Good Luck and enjoy! Mike