Buying an RT-10...

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not too far away from possibily buying an RT-10. Just a few financial considerations to take care of. However, I have limited mechanical knowledge (especially with a Viper) and would obviously like to make sure the car I buy does not have any major issues, given the magnitude of cash at stake. What's the best method for getting an independent party to check over a potential purchase?

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I did it all over again I would join the VCA before I bought a Viper. Then I would buy the most knowlegeable person in my local VCA a beer. Then I would have him/her look over potential cars for me.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I did it all over again I would join the VCA before I bought a Viper. Then I would buy the most knowlegeable person in my local VCA a beer. Then I would have him/her look over potential cars for me.

Oppps ....wrong! You can not join the VCA without owning a Viper.

I would suggest coming on the major Viper sites....this one and Viper alley.com Be sincere and just ask all Viper owners for help. Just ask for their recommendations ....determine a budget and look for the best buy with your budget.

Cudaman :usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy from a VCA Supported dealership and you'll be taken care of.
Roanoke, Tators, Pemberton etc. You will get a CLEAN Viper from them, and immediately be inducted into the VCA at the same time!! :2tu:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oppps ....wrong! You can not join the VCA without owning a Viper.

I would suggest coming on the major Viper sites....this one and Viper alley.com Be sincere and just ask all Viper owners for help. Just ask for their recommendations ....determine a budget and look for the best buy with your budget.

Really? I thought you just needed $100.

If not I am sure the local VCA will let you in on one of there meetings. Where I am sure you will find someone to help you out. :)

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a copy of application form:

2005 VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Questions? Call Viper Headquarters toll-free at 1-800-998-1110

CURRENT VCA # (if available) ______________________________________________
NAME: _________________________________________________________________
FIRST MIDDLE LAST
2nd BADGE NAME (if applicable):_____________________________________________
FIRST MIDDLE LAST
ADDRESS: ______________________________________________________________
CITY: __________________________STATE: ________ ZIP CODE: _________-______
DAY PHONE NUMBER: (______)_______________ E-MAIL: ______________________
VIPER VIN NUMBER: _____________________________________________________
COLOR: _________________ YEAR: _____________ MODEL: _______________
DID YOU PURCHASE YOUR VEHICLE NEW OR USED
(PLEASE CHECK THE APPROPRIATE BOX)

LOCAL CLUB SELECTION
**IMPORTANT**—THIS SECTION MUST BE COMPLETED OR YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ASSIGNED TO A REGIONAL CLUB BASED ON YOUR GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION.

My regional club selection is: __________________________________
Club name selected from list below

Please choose one of the following and indicate above:

4 Alabama/Tennessee 4Arizona 4Carolina 4 Central California 4Central & Northern Florida 4Colorado

4Gateway (Missouri, Eastern Mississippi, Southern Illinois) 4 Georgia 4Houston 4 Illinois 4Indiana/Kentucky

4Kansas City 4 Mid-South (AR/LA/MS) 4Minnesota 4Motor City 4Nebraska/Iowa 4Nevada 4New England

4New Jersey 4New Mexico 4New York/Connecticut 4 Northern California 4North Texas

4Ohio 4Oklahoma 4Oregon 4 Southern California 4South Central Texas 4 South Florida 4Virginia/Maryland

4 Washington 4W. Virginia/Penn.

Two response options! For your convenience and fastest service, please fax the completed membership application to Viper Headquarters at 1-248-553-2138. If you prefer, please mail a check or money order payable to Viper Club of America.

PLEASE SELECT METHOD OF PAYMENT MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO THE VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA

VISA o MASTERCARD o CHECK o MONEY ORDER o

Credit Card #: __________________________________________________________________________
Expiration Date: ______/______ Name on card (PLEASE PRINT): _________________________________
Signature: ______________________________________________________________________

Please take a moment to complete this short member survey:

Would you like to plan a club event? ______Yes _______ No

What type of an event? _________________________________________________________

Are you involved with any other car clubs? If so, which club(s)?_________________________

Please indicate your interest in these events: (1=Very interested) (2=Moderate interest) (3=Not interested)

Driving tours ______ Autocrosses ______ Dinners/lunches ______ Road Races ______
Other (specify) ______ Car Shows ______ Drag Races ______ Car Parades ______
Events/drives with overnight stays ______ Driving Schools at race tracks ______

At some point, would you consider being an officer of the Club? _________

If so, what positions? 1.__________________________ 2._____________________ 3._________________

Membership Liability Waiver: “In consideration of the right of membership by execution of this membership form, I release and discharge DaimlerChrysler Corporation, its divisions and subsidiaries, the Viper Club of America, Inc. and its Regions, officers, agents, members, representatives, and all others persons or Agencies affiliated with this Club from any and all known and unknown damages, injuries, judgments, and/or claims from any cause whatsoever that may be suffered by me or any member to his/her person, family or property and related to your membership or participation in this Club.”

Signature: _________________________________________________ Date:_______________________

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hamish,

I would be willing to help take a look with you.

There really aren't any good dealers or tuners in the immediate Norcal area with the exception of Valaya in San Jose. But they may be able to help you out.

Marv Rose (dodgevipersforsale.com) in Fresno is also very knowledgable on what to look for. His prices can be up there but if you can haggle him down he knows how to find some very clean Vipers.

By the way I am just over in Natomas, north of Arco Arena.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a factory warranty! Will be hard to find the older car's with a warranty, but if they exist, they should be top of your list for consideration. Tomer

Both Stacks Blowin'

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Hamish,

You do really need to go and talk to Dan. He has done some awesome work for a couple of Brits / Irish Viper owners, 650hp on one car and 1000 on the other. So, he knows Vipers and us across the pond.

Give him a ring first and have a chat, then pay a visit to his show and have a good look at some of the cars he has in for service work. You can the approach a purchase with much more confidence.

:confused: :confused: :usa: :confused: :confused:

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hamish,
There are a lot of RT/10's out there for sale. The classifieds here and on the alley are a great way to start. If you find a car that suits your needs, post asking someone to check it out. I am sure someone will do it for you.

OP
OP
V

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Hamish,

You do really need to go and talk to Dan. He has done some awesome work for a couple of Brits / Irish Viper owners, 650hp on one car and 1000 on the other. So, he knows Vipers and us across the pond.

Give him a ring first and have a chat, then pay a visit to his show and have a good look at some of the cars he has in for service work. You can the approach a purchase with much more confidence.

:confused: :confused: :usa: :confused: :confused:

I'll go and speak to Dan. But excuse my ignorance, who is Dan?!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hamish,
I don't see in your post what year R/T you are getting and I don't see a price.
You can keep that to yourself of course.

But just in case you don't know,
None of the gen1 Vipers are worth more than low $30k.

I'm not saying that all the gen1 owners would sell their cars for that price. I'm just talking about what the gen1s are bringing.

If you are paying more than low 30s, you need to talk to some of the guys here on the site.