C6 R wins at Lemans again. When is DC getting the Viper racing agian?

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is the third year the Pratt& Miller engineering team has won at Lemans with the C6R Vette for GM and America. And fomer Viper racer O. Barretta, Ron Fellows,Oliver Gavin etc. I know Gary Pratt, Doug Fehan the master minds of the legendary racing team for years thru a friend of mine in the auto industry . Great guys and congrats to them. And I know this is not the forum for this topic. But they are an American team. But also I think its time DC got into racing the new Viper at that level again. Maybe its Mr. Lutz father Viper and father ZO6 505 influence with the company and racing. Maybe somebody at SRT needs to step up and see what they can do for maybe 2008. That will give the company two years to at lease put a team together and have it dailed in competively by 2010 for an honest shot at Lemans, Daytona. I know,I know. Been there done that. But it would be nice to do it again in light of GMs 3peat with the C6R Vette. Just my two cents. :usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I would love to see the Viper competing and winning in that series it is still spanking the Vettes in World Challenge and T1, both of which are closer to stock than LeMans.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sports car racing is a nitch market. If you asked 100 random people who won LeMans GT1 today chances are nobody would have the answer.

With the CC Dodge is producing a car that whoops butt, gets good tv coverage and they don't even have to invest much if any $$$. It'll probably only last until GM forks over enough money to the SCCA to restrict the Viper even more, but in the meantime I'll enjoy it while I can.

Maybe someday DC will sponsor CC only events like VRL at major venues. I wouldn't mind seeing unrestricted Viper times obliterating World Challenge times even if they are same track but separate venues.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is the third year the Pratt& Miller engineering team has won at Lemans with the C6R Vette for GM and America. And fomer Viper racer O. Barretta, Ron Fellows,Oliver Gavin etc. I know Gary Pratt, Doug Fehan the master minds of the legendary racing team for years thru a friend of mine in the auto industry . Great guys and congrats to them. And I know this is not the forum for this topic. But they are an American team. But also I think its time DC got into racing the new Viper at that level again. Maybe its Mr. Lutz father Viper and father ZO6 505 influence with the company and racing. Maybe somebody at SRT needs to step up and see what they can do for maybe 2008. That will give the company two years to at lease put a team together and have it dailed in competively by 2010 for an honest shot at Lemans, Daytona. I know,I know. Been there done that. But it would be nice to do it again in light of GMs 3peat with the C6R Vette. Just my two cents. :usa:
I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, but the grammar is all over the place... hard to read. At least there's spell check. :buttkick: :D

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is the Link on the French ViperClub Site with some pictures of nice exotics... Check it often as photos are going to come whole week long. :2tu:
We are all waiting for the come back of the Viper at Le Mans :headbang:

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is sad that DC pulled the Vipers out right when the Vette's started getting competitive.

It could have been one of the greatest racing rivialries in modern times.

What ever happend to trans am pony racing anyway?

OP
OP
F

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right Warfang. We'll be cheering for the same cars hopefully if DC decides to go back to SCCA GT-1 racing. But no matter how fast the Vettes are, and how many races they win. All due respect to the Vette guys. I'll always be a Viper fan. Been a Viper fan to long. Since 1995.And I'm not jumping ship now. Just because they came up with a faster Vette (Z06 427).And the blue devil coming soon. Nothing some carbon fiber panels. Lighter chassis and better flowing Hemi heads won't fix in the future Vipers models. Lets say 2010. And by then we can have a competitive SCCA racing team also. We can even have VOI in Lemans for the race. I know dream on Forged Horseman. To much red vino today I guess. Happy fathers day to all. And excuse my bla,bla, bla...

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just pull like hell for Kasey Kahne or some other Dodge driver in NASCAR ... best chance we have to get back to the bigs.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC has moved past Lemans with the Viper and is now concentrating on the rarefied upper echelons of ricer drifting motorsports. GTS Bruce

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right Warfang. We'll be cheering for the same cars hopefully if DC decides to go back to SCCA GT-1 racing.

The Dodge Viper Comp Coupe is already classified for SCCA GT-1 Racing. Just not competative.

OP
OP
F

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drifting is pretty cool.And the big torque Viper makes a great drifting car. But in my humble opinion road racing is more interesting. The drifting craze this summer already has caused some fatal accidents here in Chicago. I hope I'm wrong but this summer we're gonna see a lot of drifting related accidents. Because of the movie and the impresionable teenagers watching it. Don't get me wrong this new form of motorsport is very interesting. But even more than street racing it should be kept in a race track.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drifting will end soon enough at least in the USA. As it it becomes more competitive, higher dollar levels will be needed for a competitive car leaving out the core drifting racers with the old Celica. The national interest in drifting is still too low campared to most other motorsports to support coverage of drifting. Eventually, the lack of sponsorship and prize money will fade drifting back to Japan.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how drifting is "scored"? Seems subjective... like ice skating. Or do they need to drift to a finish line? I HATE judged "sports." :rolleyes:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand drifting is largly subjective, but that might help it's popularity. Controversy sparks interest. Look at how horrible other sports are officiated.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The orange '92 RT/10 drove as the very first Viper in Le Mans 1994.

Besides the two Dauer Porsches (really unfair since LMP cars!) they made third place in GT1. A private team!!! At that time Chrysler - I heard that - tried to prevent the team from racing in Le Mans!

The car is now located in Switzerland, nearby Zürich and is for sale ... www.dreamcars.ch

The car was running in 1996 in Daytona also.

BTW, a DIESEL Audi won the LMP class ... :bonker:

The sound of the Audis going (!) by is like pft-pft-pft-...may be the reason for the noise limit of 113 db next year and that ALL cars must have A/C ... :rolleyes: