Caffeine & carburetors - Sept 8th New Canaan, CT

Helo Steve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Starts early on Sept 8th in the center of New Canaan, CT. Anyone planning to or interested in going?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's possible I might want to go with one of my kids. Depends on a few things, family obligations that day, weather, what time you consider "early"...especially since school has started and they get up early during the week.

OP
OP
H

Helo Steve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope you can make it! I plan on getting there at 7:30 so I can have some choice on where I park. Will probably leave by 10 or 10:30.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this will be cool! I'll plan to come up for sure.

I will also be keeping an eye on the re-paving of the Merritt Parkway from Greenwich up through New Canaan... They should be done by the middle of this coming week so the drive up there will be AWESOME for anyone who can come up from NY

FANG10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you can make it! I plan on getting there at 7:30 so I can have some choice on where I park. Will probably leave by 10 or 10:30.

Hey Steve,
Would you mind writing out the details regarding this event?
Juliana ( the other J in J&J)

OP
OP
H

Helo Steve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good idea! They draws lots of cars, including some really nice ones! Hope to see a few familiar faces!

Address:
Zumbach's Gourmet Coffee,
77 Pine Street
New Canaan, CT

www.caffeineandcarburetors.com

From their "About Us" section:
Caffeine & Carburetors is a gathering of automotive enthusiasts. We meet at Zumbach’s Gourmet Coffee in New Canaan, CT about 6 times year to enjoy our rides and share them with like-minded gear heads hiding in and around Connecticut and New York.
We have a tendency to lean toward sports cars, with the occasional Model A or 1920′s Rolls Royce, but our emphasis is on foreign sports cars. We enjoy all vehicles and there are no sponsorships or awards.
Doug Zumbach began hosting these gatherings in 1995. These Sundays start around 8 am to gather and enjoy a cup of coffee followed by a leisurely drive through the countryside.
Caffeine and Carburetors is a way to indulge the gear head in all of us. Visit our events page for a listing of our upcoming gatherings.

FANG10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea! They draws lots of cars, including some really nice ones! Hope to see a few familiar faces!

Address:
Zumbach's Gourmet Coffee,
77 Pine Street
New Canaan, CT

Steve,

This sounds really awesome....please count us in.

attending: Jimmy and Juliana (Jimmy just doesn't know it yet)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

J&J

www.caffeineandcarburetors.com

From their "About Us" section:
Caffeine & Carburetors is a gathering of automotive enthusiasts. We meet at Zumbach’s Gourmet Coffee in New Canaan, CT about 6 times year to enjoy our rides and share them with like-minded gear heads hiding in and around Connecticut and New York.
We have a tendency to lean toward sports cars, with the occasional Model A or 1920′s Rolls Royce, but our emphasis is on foreign sports cars. We enjoy all vehicles and there are no sponsorships or awards.
Doug Zumbach began hosting these gatherings in 1995. These Sundays start around 8 am to gather and enjoy a cup of coffee followed by a leisurely drive through the countryside.
Caffeine and Carburetors is a way to indulge the gear head in all of us. Visit our events page for a listing of our upcoming gatherings.

Steve,

This sounds really awesome....please count us in.

attending: Jimmy and Juliana (Jimmy just doesn't know it yet)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

J&J

dbrown3326

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I have been to this event a number of times. I have yet to see a Viper there.
Maybe nice to meet in town so you guys can park together.
I would love to go but have a wedding in Vt. Great idea Steve. This is a great event, mostly Ferrari's and Lambos,although there are more and more American cars all the time. A few Vipers would be a hit there I think!

Dennis B.

OP
OP
H

Helo Steve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis! I've been there twice (before I had a viper) and both shows were awesome... Saw one Gen III viper there once but that's it. Glad that we'll have a presence there!

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to meet up at the Mobile Station northbound in Harrison NY for this I can drive through that way and meet up. We would need to leave the rest area right at 7:00 to be in New Canaan at 7:30.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my wife got called away on business (CA), not back til Tuesday. So, the Viper stays home unfortunately! Been a crazy summer, but hoping to get an event or two in before the bad weather comes. Have a great time tomorrow....caramel mocha latte, please! :)

OP
OP
H

Helo Steve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry you can't make it!

Looking forward to running the car in some cool fall weather!

FANG10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

What time are you leaving in the am? Do you want to meet up with J and I anywhere?
Juliana

OP
OP
H

Helo Steve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lets meet at the BP station. Just off Route 8 exit 12 at 7:00.

18 old Stratford road

I'm gonna need some serious caffeine!