Calipers and shocks

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two projects for the winter:

First:
I plan to pull off my calipers this weekend. Since I did the SRT upgrade with a set of '03 fronts, my calipers are all black and scratched up...look bad. I want to get them painted. Question is, on a steel gray rt-10 with stock wheels, WHAT COLOR ????

Also, I'm thinking of getting either RT-10, or VIPER written on the side. I wouldn't mind some suggestions, as well as recomendations on where to get this done.

Second:
I have to get this car to handle better. I'm at a disadvantage against everyone else with the Motons, Penskes, Eibachs. I need to minimize the body roll, lean, and get the car to sit down on the track better. I don't think aerodynamics is as much of a realistic issue as suspension considering the speed and competition level I'm at. If I was flying around the full track at Pocono, sure I could understand the aero, but doing the typical course we do at Pocono during our events, and after doing that NJ Motorsports event this year, I see handling as a bigger part of my upgrade need. I might be searching for something not availalbe, but I would like to go with a self contained unit, not needing gas-maintinence.

Again, any suggestions ? (Yeah, I know, just buy and ACR)

Thanks,

AC

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the typical red is always fashionable. Especially if you want them to stand out. If you want less conspicuous, just stay with either black or go car color. But really, what do I know about car fashion. I painted my hood vents white! :omg:

I remember gtsjbud had a link for the Brembo letters. I think. You might PM him. There are some hi-temp vinyls out there if you want to DIY, but brakes get pretty hot, and hi-temp vinyl is not that hi temp.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red with the gray is the way to go. As for shocks, I am a big advocate for Motons but I am not sure if they have them for genIIs.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my calipers are all black and scratched up...look bad. I want to get them painted. WHAT COLOR ????

Pink would definitely make a unique statement !!!

Seriously, Black would be my choice. I don't think of brake calipers as jewelry to be shown off and called attention to. But thats just my taste.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine