Called dealer about SRT...

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He called us a couple weeks back to say our order appeared on his screen at the dealership. Called Him the other day to see what's up and the order has been deleted. What gives?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
See what happens when you spend too much time in the .com site? Big brother is watching you! :p

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, you mean you have not taken delivery of your SRT yet?

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, I have a feeling we've missed the boat or something. Chrysler canada does d!ck all in terms of it's Viper community. With that said I suggest that they put me in charge of it. It's rediculous that current and future owners of the flagship car are treated like they're buying a neon.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what I find strange is that dealers have srt's in their show rooms for sale while certificate holders are still waiting for their cars. That is a crock of ****...

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these are cars that have come into the dealer that the customers have then decided to not take delv of the car. i believe that when this happens the cars are the dealers to sell.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what I find strange is that dealers have srt's in their show rooms for sale while certificate holders are still waiting for their cars. That is a crock of ****...

Yep frustrating for sure. I think we're just gonna say screw it (on 2 SRT orders) and look for something else. It is beyond pathetic how this is being handled. Smoke and mirrors on Dodge's part, no factory tours (why?) our dealer called Viper HQ and was told not to call again and that he should call Chrysler Canada, we'd probably have better luck getting info from KIA for crying out loud. I mean hell, we're only spending $250K with Chryler, why should we expect to be treated well? We've had money down on these cars since december of 2001! A year and a half is rediculous. It looks like we'd be first in line for an 04 but with no yellow that's not an option.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
52%. By what method are you determining that? I would not hesitate to call it 100%.

SLICKSSS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eh Craig don,t feel bad I,m in the same boat.

Just spoke with a guy in Detroit, said my car was just built and that he was sorry that it was coming so late as I explained to him about the certificate program, he basically said that the States did not recognize the program here in Canada, and that the way the cars are alotted here is all messed up???? I thought ***!!!!

Anyway he said when he has another 4 Canadian cars made they will ship out a truck. Mine will be on there and yours will too probably going east towards Couborg.

Hope that helps, have patience...I know what you mean though, he said they would start production in the second week of August on the 04's.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear, all I can do is hope.

What sparked my enquiry to our dealership was that I saw a Reliable truck headed west on my way home from Toronto one night just east of Bowmanville.

Let me know when you get your car, I'd love to check it out!

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

Congrats - Finally !!

How do you like it - please report (even though it is from one week ownership only).

How do you find the black in our south Florida heat - any troubles or should I go for another color.

a couple of long months and then it is my turn.

Best regards

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hans--

While certainly not as hot looking as the GTS, the SRT really is much better looking in person than in photos. I'm happy that I changed my order from red to black. Saw a silver SRT at the dealership and thought that looked pretty good too and would probably be a little less warm than the black is here in Miami. Nothing wrong with red, I just needed a change. Interior is much improved (unless you have a wide asp like me in which case, the seats are more than just a little bit snug).

The roof works far more smoothly than a few others have complained about--though you do want to watch your fingers if you value them. In south Florida, it really isn't ideal convertible weather until around Halloween. More flexible a/c and effective system (with the top up). Radio is only a slight improvement. Still in the break-in period so I can't really say much from the power perspective. At modest speeds so far, I can say that the car isn't very loud inside for a convertible.

My only gripes are very minor including a bit of a trunk gap on one side, the ease of accidentally hitting the wiper stalk switch, and the fact that some of the rubber (or silicone) parts maybe didn't "cure" correctly as some are annoyingly tar-like to the touch and some are just slightly sticky and catch & hold towel fibers when cleaning. Very minor stuff.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black tar-like stuff is called Butyl. It doesn't cure. It's used as a 'quick fix' for parts that don't fit or cause water leaks. My SRT had it all over the doors. Clean it off with alcohol. It will keep oozing out from behind the seals for a while.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Thanks for your very constructive comments - appreciated. Since it seems we don't get a yellow for 04 I will have to go with black I think it looks the most sinister of the 3 colors I have seen for 03. Silver looks classic and elegant but unfortunately not evil enough for my taste.

Hope to see you around soon

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It still shows that craig or some he cares about had an SRT on order June of 2003 but didn`t have enough stroke to get one/ I would be mad the rest of my life about it too. craig is really a closet SRT lover what else does he keep in his closet with his model cars.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It still shows that craig or some he cares about had an SRT on order June of 2003 but didn`t have enough stroke to get one/ I would be mad the rest of my life about it too. craig is really a closet SRT lover what else does he keep in his closet with his model cars.

If you'll read more into it both cars were reserved with Certs that were from DC who for some reason cancelled the cars. That is part of the reason why I have the opinion that I do. My other motivation lies in how far the compatition has come since 03 and how DC has just stood there flat footed except for a mamba edition here and there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte