Calling out a stock Gen II Viper

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone..how are ya?

I first want to tell everyone here that i am a HUGE Viper fan. Love the car and truly respect it. So, in no way am i a punk trying to start trouble.

I am calling out a Viper because i want to see just how much faster a STOCK gen II Viper is then a Z06. I know it is faster, but i would like to see for myself how much faster it is. There are absoloutly no vipers in this area, and i am willing to drive up to an hr or so away to meet up with someone on the road.

My car is an 01 Z06 with an intake and exhaust. Pushing only 345 rwhp. I have gone to the track and my best time is a 12.1 @ 114 mph, but then again, that was with a 1.74 60' time. with the usual 2.0 60' time i run 12.5-6ish

So, any takers on a friendly run in the MI area? either at a track or from a roll. i live in Grand Blanc, to be exact. This way i can also make one new friend. Thanks.
;)

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you would lose by 2 and a half to 3 car lengths. i have done it with my stock 02 z06 and gts when it was stock. i put a half car length on my gen 1 rt/10. you need heads and a cam before you can take out a gts that is stock. that has been my experince. this was from a 20 mph pull in 1st.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John C:

A stock Gen 2 with headers and slicks can consistently do 11.5-11.6. My friends completely stock Gen 1, with 1.9 sixties does 12.4's.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.76 sixty and ran 11.92 on drag radials with muffler delete only. Too bad you're up north. I love friendly racing.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldn't it be more fair to run a viper with intake and exhaust like yours? It would be an accurate comparison if you have mods and the viper doesn't

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys..i am aware of what the Viper will run given certain tires.
Believe me, i know that the car is powerful.

I hope there is someone from MI that would like to play. If not, maybe i will go out to the dealership and rent one..lol

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey genXgts...whats up buddy?

I see you are kind of close by..maybe if the other guys you mentioend dont reply, you and i can get something set up..cool? And VERY nice car you got there..beautiful!

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where are you? I have an ACR with cats and rear muffler delete. I will have a set to T&D's done Monday.

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am from MI..lol, too far from Mississippi.

Where are all the MI guys?

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
john i think you should roll down this way. my turbine jfs-100 powered go cart will be ready soon. you will be eating afterburner!! my go cart just called you and your z06 out john whats it gonna be. bring your camera.ill line u up on the highway

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'll meet you half way if u r in monroe...we can line up from a stop, and from a 50 punch. what do u say? is your gts stock?

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its kinda stock, but i ment ill run the go cart and you run the z06. ill meet you halfway with the go cart. ill run you with the gts if you want

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill be in chicago at the end of the week but i will be flying there and i dont think they will let me bring the gts on the plane. if you have a go cart i can borrow i may can bring my jet engine in a suitcase.

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha..ok, for some reason i thought u were from monore, OH..looks like u r too far away from me.

Well, if anybody out there from MI wants to run, let me know. you can e mail me at

[email protected]

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright genxgts, everyone else is scared of the Z06, how about you and i go at it?..:)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps its because they feel there is nothing to prove? Most zo6 boys have a serious case of viper on the brain, so they always try and find an excuse of why they didnt buy one.

You know your car is slower, everyone here knows your car is slower, Chevy knows your car is slower, and all your friends know you car is slower.

But you are hopping that you will win because the viper driver will not know how to drive. Sound familiar?

It would be the same story if a Viper happen to race and Enzo and win, then claim his car was faster. Is it? Nope.

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
umm..are you an idiot? can you not get a vibe of sarcasam in my last 2 posts? did i not mention that i know the Z06 is slower then a GTS? perhaps reading lessons for you is a priority.

Back on topic...genxgts..r u down for a quick race sometime?

oh, and btw..the difference of performance between a GTS and an Enzo is faarrrrrrrrrrr from the difference of performance between a GTS and a Z06. An Enzo would "destroy" a Viper, while a GTS would "beat" a Z06.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was an idiot, then it would be me driving the vet wouldn't it?

I got the sarcasam in your first few posts, but now that no one is interested that sarcasam is quickly turning into something else. Otherwise you would not still be trolling on here for the past few days.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Russ, let's hope it doesnt't turn into a "I only lost by a bit and saved 20K" post over at the vetteforum!

John seems like a decent guy, we're heading to Milan dragway this coming Thursday:

Milan Event

Head over there, I'll be there, along with 40 Vettes of every variety.

Sad part it my Viper will not be able to make the trip as I have been dogged by a tranny problem (broken input shaft) for more than I would care to admit.

Small chance it'll be there but slim, regardless I'll be there taping, and there will be our good buddy MotorCityMadman who surely will not mind lining up on the track for fun.

Hope to see you there, come introduce yourself, I'll be hanging out with Madman (and his Viper for easy identity!)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Russ, let's hope it doesnt't turn into a "I only lost by a bit and saved 20K" post over at the vetteforum!

John seems like a decent guy, we're heading to Milan dragway this coming Thursday:

Milan Event

Head over there, I'll be there, along with 40 Vettes of every variety.

Sad part it my Viper will not be able to make the trip as I have been dogged by a tranny problem (broken input shaft) for more than I would care to admit.

Small chance it'll be there but slim, regardless I'll be there taping, and there will be our good buddy MotorCityMadman who surely will not mind lining up on the track for fun.

Hope to see you there, come introduce yourself, I'll be hanging out with Madman (and his Viper for easy identity!)

Sorry to hear about your tranny problems, did you happen to notice that there are several viper gearboxes for sale on ebay at the moment? If you dont have waranty it could be worth your time.

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was an idiot, then it would be me driving the vet wouldn't it?

I got the sarcasam in your first few posts, but now that no one is interested that sarcasam is quickly turning into something else. Otherwise you would not still be trolling on here for the past few days.

hmm..so ur an idiot if you drive a Z06? thats pretty lame and stupid to say.

I am not gonna waste my time and explain myself to you, Russ, because you seem like an [as$hole. ;)

genxgts..if your not going to be running, then i wont be there. If you ever decide you want to make a new friend and get a friendly race in, pm me.

see ya

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope Zo6 has nothing to do with it, you are just a plain old *****.

I would drive a zo6 as well, but I prefer my viper.

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope Zo6 has nothing to do with it, you are just a plain old *****.

I would drive a zo6 as well, but I prefer my viper.

hey Dic*, I mean Russ, its too bad you live all the way across the country from where i live for 2 reasons.

1) you are probably one of them old farts that have absolutly no idea how to drive, that way when we race, i would more then likely kick your a$$.

2) i would bit*h smack you

now go and subscribe hair loss for men or something, since you probably are a 60 yr old man that has nothing going for him but a descent car.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely correct,

You are lucky I live 3000 miles from you, otherwise I would be one of the guys willing to race you.

And I do feel old at 32, but my 22 year old girlfriend loves it.

Next time you are in the area give me a call, I love it when Internet retards talk all sorts of smack and run away when its time to do it face to face.

Any other brilliant thoughts? Like why are YOU still here?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Johnny, my car has no transmission.

There will be an identical 96 GTS to mine who will gladly run you, and I'll be taping all his runs on Thursday night.

Been reading some posts of yours as of late, your not the innocent bystander looking for a fun race like your post indicates.

Your hoping to catch someone off guard that doesn't know how to drive, not gonna happen with Sean and I!! Might have to keep on trolling buddy!!:)

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Johnny, my car has no transmission.

There will be an identical 96 GTS to mine who will gladly run you, and I'll be taping all his runs on Thursday night.

Been reading some posts of yours as of late, your not the innocent bystander looking for a fun race like your post indicates.

Your hoping to catch someone off guard that doesn't know how to drive, not gonna happen with Sean and I!! Might have to keep on trolling buddy!!:)

GenXgts,

You can spot these trolls from a mile away, I knew it from the first post.

Oh I love vipers, oh they are soooo cool, but my zo6 is soooo fast anybody wanna race me?

And please make sure you do not know how to drive and dont know anything about drag racing.

Same type of guy that drools at the opportunity to video tape a stock gen 1 first time at the track racing a slick/skinny zo6 with a head/cam package.

Then post it on here as a zo6 kill, like we really care.

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok everyone. Lets drop the invincibility thing going on in all our egos.

From his first post, he seems plenty reasonable. If he pushed a high 11 with only the mods he has, he is a very good driver.

I'm sure he could run with a Viper, and beat it a few times out of 10 runs. Its gunna be up to the driver. Slightest mistake goes to either car with those times.

And as far as people talking so much smack on the Z06, its a good car. Its a great car. I don't even know what else to say, but its American muscles just like us so lets just get along.