Calling Viper Owners in Dallas with Random Tech CATS

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any Viper owners in the Dallas area that has Random Tech Mid/High Flow CATS that HAS PASSED the emission insection?

Are there any Viper friendly test locations?

I want to install Random Tech Mid/High Flow CATS on my 96 RT/10 but I wanted to ensure that it will pass the emission inspection.

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted last week that my 00 GTS failed with the RT M/S high-flow cat's.I think the year of the car matter's because when this happened to me I called Mike in Guelph that's a supplier on this board. He said 4 other Viper's have passed with those cat's in Ontario; none were my year of Viper.

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the High flows on my 94 and it passed with flying colors as a matter of fact they said it was one of the cleanest Gen 1's they had ever tested at the dealership. You may want to check the cats and make sure they are not damaged, you should pass unless you have really agressive mufflers as well.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they are warranted by RT to PASS. Read the literature and warranty info but can't recall the exact wording.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am from dallas, and mine passed. i went to Huffines Dodge in lewisville, and passed.

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Using Random Tech high flow ceramic type cats on 97 GTS, I passed echeck in Ohio with very low numbers, much lower than the limits.
HC tested 2.6PPM limit 220PPM. CO tested at 0,0 limit 1.2
You should have no problem passing the test whether Viper friendly or not. Warranty to pass is for 2 years.

I do not know what test limits are in Dallas but the above numbers may help. Be sure to warm it up good before testing.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Keith Laxson or Roger Medina if you have emission difficulties at All Pro Automotive in Carrollton.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll find out in about two weeks. I have to have mine done. I'll have it done by the McKinney Dodge dealership. I'll let ya know.

You will pass. The Texas test on newer Vipers doesn't do any more than check your computer for error codes. No codes, you pass. They doen't even check if you have cats or sniff the exhaust. That's all they did on my 97 GTS a couple of months ago. Older cars get a sniff test. :usa:

OP
OP
B

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I appreciate your responses.

I had the Randon Tech installed and I am very pleased with the cooler side sills.

I will have the BigSnake inspected in January. I think that I am going to Huffines Dodge in Lewisville...

Thanks again..

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I appreciate your responses.

I had the Randon Tech installed and I am very pleased with the cooler side sills.

I will have the BigSnake inspected in January. I think that I am going to Huffines Dodge in Lewisville...

Thanks again..

BUMP.....

Be sure to post your results after the test!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4