Can I get original sticker price on my '96 GTS?

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I get original sticker price on my \'96 GTS?

May have to let her go. This is the car our current national VCA president said is one of the best Viper's he's ever seen. I still have the original sticker on the car which was 69k. I also still have every original part taken off the car except the '96 wheels and tires. (over 40k in after market receipts) and 17k on the clock.

Roe s/c intalled and tuned by PBJ w/VEC2 (601 RW and 652 TQ), 2000 GTS wheels and tires, EMS air box w/K&N filters, radiator upgrade, Crower 1:7 rockers, Balenger headers and 3" exhaust with MGW 4" tips with sneaky pete stamped onto each side, StopTech big brake kit w/EBC green, cross drilled rotors, aluminum shocks with Hyperco springs fully height adjustable, MGW- gas cap, pistol grip shifter, glove box, alum cigarette lighter, billet key fob (not made anymore) and a/c knobs and more. ZAF aluminum pedals, door handle trim, ashtray, alum side sill piece. Autoform rear wing, roof scoop, and cowl painted to match the car. Snake oyl wireless cruise control and custom floor mats from Viperware, alum chin guard, chrome snake emblem dip stick and oil cap and all Viper name emblems done in chrome. 4k in the audio- w/eclipse head unit, MB Quart's Rockford Fosgate Amp and JL sub with remote. Dash set in custom billet aluminum and xenon headlamps. Side louvers painted to match the car and painted hood pad. I know there is more to list but this is all I could come up with.

Michael

4624DSC00363-med.JPG

4624Cnv0002-med.jpg

4624DSC00068-med.JPG

4624Cnv0011-med.jpg

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can I get original sticker price on my \'96 GTS?

Sweet ride. I think that one will sell easily. I am not sure what price it will bring so I will let the others comment.

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You getting rid of the Viper? Never thought I would here that. What are you planning on next?

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cruser- Hey bro! Nothing planned but getting another Viper is a must. The wife and I just bought another house and the seller could not do a contingency. This unfortunately is an option I must consider.

BTW- How 'bout you lend me the money and I'll give you the Viper as collateral!

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about you just give me the Roe and everything will be just fine.

I am trying to get out of Hell Paso myself and can understand the time of tough decisions. I honestly havent driven my car since I got married two years ago. I start it up and let it run every couple of weeks, but just dont trust the people enough around here to drive it around.

Good luck!

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Or just use the car and take out a bank loan aganist it. you WILL be sorry if you let her go.

B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You would be better off taking off as many parts as you can and selling them seperately. 96's sell easily but the mods are not adding much to the value.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The mods will actually cause you to get less than you could if the car was stock, the BIG MONEY deals on 96's are for the ones that are stock not modded up, at the very least you will need ALL of your stock parts to include with the car, hopefully you kept them.

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ummm? Isnt that your old house in that pic? Why are you moving? That house is nice!

Jim- Yes, that is the current home in the avatar, and wait till you see the new one :2tu: BTW, I see your in N.Z. so will you be heading back to the Ivory Coast?

Bill- I know I should call a bank, but do you know off hand if I can take a loan out on a car that I have the title and own? That might work, I'll just pay off the simple interest loan when the current home sells. Thanks.

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GTS-R 001- yes I have every single stock part except the '96 wheels

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YES!! If you own the car and have title you can use it as collateral on a loan-it sounds to me like you really love your baby. Keep you assets and make them work for you. A good banker can take care of this in no time at all.

Before you sell ask yourself a simple question--How hard will it be to save the cash and find yourself another equivalent Viper? Then factor in the fact that you know this cars history.

Remember-with free advice you get what you pay for!! ;) ;)

Bill