Can someone explain the classes at Sebring to me?

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've fried my brain trying to understand what classes the Vipers are running in at Sebring. Are they in GT or GTS? It looks like some Vipers are running in the main race -- saw one go head on into the wall, but it looked like an older GTS, not a comp coupe -- another was 6th in one of the classes for a while. In addition, everyone seems to be talking about Vipers running in a special race that will be televised at 12:00 or 1:00 on Sunday.

Can someone straighten out us ignorant newbies on the classes that the Vipers are running in?

On one hand it is depressing to see them get spanked by cars that have serious backing by their car companies. It's expecially sad to see a former Viper driver in one of the leading Corvettes! Nothing against the Corvettes, it looks like they are running strong.

On the other hand it is also disappointing that the viewing public is missing a chance for good Viper exposure because of the confusion on the classes and the complete lack of mention by the Speed broadcasters (except for the wreck).

Thanks.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thevipersruningtsexceptthecompcoupbecausethemotoristoobigsomaybethegtsrthatyou
seeinthegtsclasshasasmallermotorbutimnotsuretheraceeveryoneistalkingaboutthat
isbeingairedonsundayisanotherseriesitisthespeedgtseriesandthatserieshasthe
compcoupes.

At least that's the way I understand it.

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T h a n k y o u C h u c k y o u h a v m a d i t v e r y c l e a r f o r u s s l o w o n e s I a p p r e c i a t e i t v e r y m u c h. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302