Can Stock Vipers run 11 Sec ETs ?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can Stock Vipers run 11 Sec ETs ?

I think the meaning of stock should be nothing added at all filters, tubes, etc. and nothing removed at all. Only the way the car came that year and model. It would probably be hard to get very many pure stock in one class.
I think when a car has the lowest 60ft time overall counting all classes and ran in the stock class something does not seem very stock about it. I may be wrong but I think this was the case at the Florida V10 Nationals.

I agree. We should also require normal tire pressure in the stock tires. Hey, stock means stock! Pull it off the assembly line and run the d@mn thing. That is truely stock. :headbang:

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys

It really does not matter.

It is Index only! If a 800 RWHP car wants to run this class he can. (Although not encouraged)

the post is only due to the fact that this class is really close and it is called stock for lack of another title.

I was considering giving this class another 1/2 tenth but I have been advised otherwise.

sorry for the confusion.

The best way to break down Viper Drag Racing is how we do it. Index. it eliminates the never ending MOD wars and what is what.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply David. I did not appreciate a fellow driver being called a cheater just because a few "not to be named people" didn't understand the rules. I do think a 12.50 and slower index could be added to encourage more interest for the older less modified R/T 10's.

Anyone who thinks a "Factory Stock" class can be run fairly
for all is living in la-la land.

Indexing is the way to go,pick your class and run.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, That race wasn't a choke on your part. I think it was the best heads up race of the event. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.