Canadian Viper Questions??

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a 99 RT/10, black with cognac interior.
Is it true that if my temperature reading looks like the following that I have a canadian viper? I was told that the temp gauge is in celsius, is that correct?

40 | | 80 | | 100

When I got the carfax for the car, it did say the car was imported from canada into michigan, but when I asked the orig owner about it he said that he was not aware of it.

Anyway, other questions are as follows:

1) What else is different on my car than on a US spec car?
2) Is there a way for me to find out how many 99 black RT/10s with cognac int were canadian spec cars?
3) How hard is it for me to change my temp gauge to a US gauge?
4) My car runs between the two "| |" marks between the 80 and 100 range above, is this normal?

As always, thanks for any assistance!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check the viper registry on this site, not sure if it was on '99's yet but i believe that CAN cars have DRL's(day time running lights)

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car does have day time running lights as well. The black lettering on the speedo is in miles though and not in kilometers.

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my canadian car reads 40-90-120 on the temp gauge. Also, the oil pressure gauge reads 0-3-5.4, probably not the same thing with a US spec.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my canadian car reads 40-90-120 on the temp gauge. Also, the oil pressure gauge reads 0-3-5.4, probably not the same thing with a US spec.

40 degree Celsius = 104 degree Fahrenheit
90 degree Celsius = 194 degree Fahrenheit
120 degree Celsius = 248 degree Fahrenheit

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is probably a Canadian spec Viper. The car would have had the speedometer changed over to Miles to became a legal US car.

You can also check on the inside of the driver side door and see if the original stickers are still on verifying that it meets Canada's Ministry of Transportation specs etc.

Daytime running lights is required by law in Canada. There is no way to tell how many 99 Black/Cognac Vipers were Canadian Spec. The registry just says how many were built etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala