Car won't start..need help fast!!

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I got in the car this morning and I was rushing so I put the key in, pressed the clutch and brake in then heard a little pop and nothing happened. I tried to start it quicker than normal and usually wait a few seconds before I crank up up but I didn't this time. Anyways, now I try to crank it up and the brake pedal wont go down at all. It is completely stuck and I'm at a loss. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm trying to unplug the battery now to see if that will help. Also the brake pedal must be down slightly because I can't roll the car in neutral so now its stuck in my garage and cant even roll out. One more thing, the car also is not making that humming noise or I don't know how else to describe it, when you first turn your key on and it sounds like its powering its electrical system up....sorry I really don't know how to describe the noise but every viper makes it when your put the key in and turn the ignition on. Also I don't see any CEL's being thrown until you turn the key on, and press the start button then the CEL pops on and the abs light comes on at times. Thanks.

Wes

Last edited:

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got in the car this morning and I was rushing so I put the key in, pressed the clutch and brake in then heard a little pop and nothing happened. I tried to start it quicker than normal and usually wait a few seconds before I crank up up but I didn't this time. Anyways, now I try to crank it up and the brake pedal wont go down at all. It is completely stuck and I'm at a loss. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm trying to unplug the battery now to see if that will help. Also the brake pedal must be down slightly because I can't roll the car in neutral so now its stuck in my garage and cant even roll out. Also I don't see any codes being thrown. Thanks,.

Wes

I would check out the clutch linkage under the dash see if something has come off and is blocking the brake and letting the engine crank due to the safety switch.

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah I just looked under there and everything looks alright. It's just tuff because A. it wont start and B. I can't even roll it out of the garage/ or even get it towed. Definitely the start to a bad day.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't even roll it out of the garage/ or even get it towed.

If you have to get it towed; then make sure that the you tell the tow company that all four wheel's brakes are locked up and they need to bring a set of 4 GoJack dollies to get it out of the garage.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That little hum you usually hear is the fuel pump. No pump no start. As for the pedal..... Linkage problem. Also, could be the clutch switch isn't engaging (no start without)...

Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950