Carbon Fiber Air Boxes FOR SALE

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carbon fiber AIRBOXES for sale, aerospace quality carbon fiber not wet layup carbon fiber.
Manufactured by Factory Ten and available through Vipair Performance
12 available for immediate shipping $850 plus shipping

MODIFIED TO WORK WITH ROE SUPERCHARGED CARS!!!
Also work with Naturally aspirated cars and fit perfectly underhood!

PM me, email [email protected], or call Mike at 1-877-486-4461 ext 21
286CArbonSC5-med.jpg

286CArbonSC1-med.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love to have one, but $850 for any airbox is too steep for me. Keep me in mind if the price drops please.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A tick shy of 1k for an air filter box?!?!?!
what's the matter with you people??????????

somebody's got way too much money for a viper.......

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to sound like a broken record, but here goes.

DYNO numbers, for $850 it better do more than give my engine bay the carbon fiber look.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUSSM,

Thanks for your always pessimistic and negative viewpoint, this is the same H box that has always sold for 1300usd, it is now modified to fit better and with Roe superchargers. This is made from preprig carbon fiber which as you know has the best ratio of resin to carbon, it is not wet layup carbon fiber which is usually mostly resin and has less strength. unfortunately you get what you pay for with carbon fiber products.

Thanks

Steve

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was selling Carbon fibre air box's made by Factory 10 and I can tell you Steve is not overcharging.

Carbon fibre is expensive when done right

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUSSM,

Thanks for your always pessimistic and negative viewpoint, this is the same H box that has always sold for 1300usd, it is now modified to fit better and with Roe superchargers. This is made from preprig carbon fiber which as you know has the best ratio of resin to carbon, it is not wet layup carbon fiber which is usually mostly resin and has less strength. unfortunately you get what you pay for with carbon fiber products.

Thanks

Steve

Negative? Pessimistic?

I just asked the obvious, what ARE the actual benefits?

I am aware it is carbon fiber and I am aware you need to sell it, so lets hear the hp/torque gains.

PS. H box? Does that mean you copied his design?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUSSM,

H box means that these are made by factory 10, the guys who really designed and made the [******] box. And yes they got screwed by JH too.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I can see some of the usual suspects gathering. I'm telling you right now I'm gonna seek an injunction if this thread goes north of 3 pages. . .

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUSSM,

I did not claim a horsepower increase, maybe you can buy one and manipulate your dyno numbers again.

Oh, and by the way, the carbon fiber door sills and cowls do not have a horsepower claim on them either, but I am quite sure that you could make it either look like they do or don't on a dyno!

Is this clear RUSS?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the answer. 0 hp gain like the rest of you products, at least you are consistent.

Manipulate hp?

Are you insinuating that I altered the dyno numbers at a dyno that I do not own or opperate? To what end? So are you saying that the dyno where DC gets all there testing done is in some way conpiring against you?

Get a life Edmonton, I have no hidden agenda against you guys specificaly. Its against anyone who makes claims and NEVER backs them up.

If you believe I in any way altered or manipulated all the dyno passes I made, you are a bigger fool then I previously thought.

PS. Next time SoCal is having a dyno day I will come down with your your piece of plastic and place it on several vipers so they can see how the Vipair creates the special air duct at the tune of 0 hp gain.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
russ what are your dyno's are they like so impressive or something that this guy belives u faked em?

BTW how could u fake a dyno?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots,

look up Vipair, and go through the thread.

Basicaly this guy and his comrades claimed 50hp gain from their plastic wheel chok. So I took it to the dyno on several occasions to show how it gained an absolute 0.

They didnt like that, so now I am a liar according to them.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohhh i got ya well i know 1 thing i am glad you do that type of thing and test everything that way we know before we buy so on behaf of all viper owners

THANKS MAN

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,

You are considered a liar because you are one. You lied to me and you know it.

When you and I talked on the phone after you did your initial dyno tests with your FREE Vipair™, you admitted that you did not know how to do the tests and that is why you had a 90 mph fan blowing directly into the NACA duct for all the tests. You admitted to me on the phone that this was an incorrect method and that you would test correctly the next time. It was at that point that I offered to buy a Gtech for you to test with on other than the dyno and you agreed to do this as well.

Russ we all saw how you could strap your car onto a dyno and have numbers vary by 30 - 40 hp between runs. It is quite odd then how when you dynoed with the vipair the second time you did not simulate the initial tests, except for removing the 90 mph fan from the NACA duct, instead you did just one dyno run and claimed IT DOES NOT WORK! Why didn't you test it the VIPAIR™ properly the second time like you told me you would Russ?

Pretty thorough there Russ.

So Russ, let's see

The Vipair does not work ( you by the way are the only person to have a zero gain result on a dyno )

High Flow air filters do not work ( Why don't you post negative comments on other suppliers promos like Dan Craigan high flow Green post? )

Smooth tube and high flow filters do not work ( I guess chrysler lied to all of us about the power increases on the ACR package and GT2 package, right Russ? )

Russ, you never did do the Gtech tests did you? No, you didn't and I had to call and email you numerous time just to get you to return the Gtech months later, didn't I Russ?

Russ, why don't you just let laying dogs lie? You have no need to try to disturb a post about a completely different product than the Vipair, I think it is time for you to mature a little and move on, Russ.

Thanks

Steve

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I have a Fluidyne oil cooler sitting on top of my radiator. From the pics below, can you tell if I would have any fitment problems with your CF airbox. As you can see, I had to modify the stock airbox to clear the AN fittings. Does the $850 include the Vipair and are the airboxes available without the "Vipair" plaque on them?

Thanks,
Dave

328DSC00133.JPG

328DSC00132.JPG

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edmonton,

You should re read the whole Vipair thread cause obviously you missed all the dyno pulls made.

I had better things to do than to go out to UPS and send you the gtech meter, which I did send out to you maybe a few weeks late. And that is only because I was still trying to make it replicate consistent enough numbers.

Last time I looked the ONLY verifiable dyno pulls were made by me, and no one else. Unless you count the pulls with the 50rwhp SOTP comments, which obviously had serious flaws.

Like I told you before my testing would be fair, and I was excited about your product actualy working. It didnt, but you cant live with that. You should at least go out and doctor some dyno pulls at least that way some of your loyal customers can feel better about their purchases.

Smooth tubes and K&N's do not add the claimed 10hp, next time you are at a dyno try it. O wait I forgot you dont test anything you make, all that counts is how it looks.

The whole point of forums is to ask questions, and I think that mine was very legitimate considering the product being offered. If you dont like it perhaps you should stop trying to sell products that are power oriented, and start knocking off more H*M*S body parts.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

The carbon boxes are available without the Vipair™ logo on them, this is actually the top portion of a rain baffle we devised for the Factory Ten box. The Vipair™ piece is not included in the price, the Viapir is an extra $100 of ordered with a carbon airbox.

Our carbon boxes have multiple mounting holes drilled into them for better fitment, if you would like you can try a box to see if it fits with your rad fittings and if it does not you can return it for a full refund.

Dave you can email or PM to arrange for a box.

Thanks

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ M,

I know, I know, nobody else knows how to do a dyno pull except for you!

I Know, I Know, Everybody who has ever posted on this board who dynoed with K&N's and smooth tubes did it wrong if they got a positive result!

Little did we all know that you are the only guy who can verify dyno results, now we know!

Thanks for your input Russ,

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen