Carbon Fiber interior pieces question

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did use the search fuction here in the forum as well as google but I am still having trouble figuring out where I can get carbon fiber pieces ( quality) for gauge panel and other interior areas for my 2006 FE . Any ideas?

OP
OP
MK2_Viper

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks amazing! Is it possible for me to buy a set out right or do I have to send my parts? Would prefer to buy a set outright so that I can always go back to original if need be ( it being an FE etc.....)

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks amazing! Is it possible for me to buy a set out right or do I have to send you my parts? Would prefer to buy a set outright so that I can always go back to original if need be ( it being an FE etc.....)

I would contact the OP on that thread to find out for sure. I know he mentioned they need a core (meaning you original pieces) to send you out parts but maybe things have changed since the thread was started. :)

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That kit looks really nice. Any one done this kit? How hard is it to change the big plastic piece around the gauge cluster? I have carbon dash plate and console but would love to finish the look and change out all the black plastic. My door handle surrounds are almost embarrassing with the way they are peeling. How about the outside plastic between the hood and windshield. It is a two piece and my was faded to gray and the plastic paint came out 6-7 out of 10 after about 5 hours of surface prep. Suggestions? Sorry for highjacking the thread

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to have my friend do a few pieces for my GTS . He's great with this stuff building custom choppers and numerous cars . He's doing a 2010 Camaro SS for a customer right now with tons of CF replacement parts.This car will have CF hood [ he used the customer's hood to make a mold] , rear decklid with integrated spoiler ,side sills and grafted CF roof making it even stronger. Every time I see my friend with his Ferrari Maranello , I'm green with envy how nice that car is inside with all the CF pieces .Told him about this thread and he said those prices posted are very reasonable.He said to make any CF pieces ,an OEM part reguired to make a mold and a minimum of two orders to make it feasible to start .

here's his website Mild 2 Wild Customs
e
My friend designed in built this bike for Sturgis .The picture doesn't do justice what involved to build this bike > AMDChampionship.com - World and European Championship of Custom Bike Building - Official Website

Last edited:

WckdSnke

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought carbon fiber centre stack and console for my 2009 ACR from John B at Parts Rack. Great look!

WckdSnke

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you sure? In my discussions with John B. he advised that they are an original Mopar accessory!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure? In my discussions with John B. he advised that they are an original Mopar accessory!

I'm sure. At least the one pictured is. Jon may have the better ones available. Ones pictured are a Mopar part that come on the newer model. They look great but aren't carbon fiber. They just have a CF look but kind of bluish in color. The ones available from DC are overlaid with CF and then cleared. I don't know of anyone who is making them completely out of CF. That would require mold making and set up.

WckdSnke

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB is advertsing them as Carbon Fiber as per descripton in header.JonB care to comment?