Carbon fiber rocker panels!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What should I be searching for? I was researching carbon fiber in the forum and went through 8 pages of results. That's how I came across this thread.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What should I be searching for? I was researching carbon fiber in the forum and went through 8 pages of results. That's how I came across this thread.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page. Look in "Similar Threads"...

Kinda' neat feature on every thread post'd...

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be the guy that brings back a dead/old thread, but did anything come of these? I noticed michaelnouri hasnt been back to the site in almost 2 years.

You might want to give Steve from Vipair a try. I believe he has Carbon fiber sills for GEN I/II on his site. I ordered a carbon fiber hood from him for my GEN IV and it's sweet. :)

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might want to give Steve from Vipair a try. I believe he has Carbon fiber sills for GEN I/II on his site. I ordered a carbon fiber hood from him for my GEN IV and it's sweet. :)

How much lighter would you say the carbon hood is compared to the stock gen 4 one? Did you have it paint locally or he was also able to ship paintedand ready to bolt on?
thanks.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much lighter would you say the carbon hood is compared to the stock gen 4 one? Did you have it paint locally or he was also able to ship paintedand ready to bolt on?
thanks.

Not sure how much lighter it is since I wasn't concerned with the weight savings as this was an appearance mod for me. I originally wanted Steve to paint it but per a conversation with him we both agreed it would be better to paint it locally due to the complexity of getting SSG paint matched correctly and of course worries about the paint getting damaged during shipping. I am having the hood painted by a friend and hopefully it will be done soon as we finalized the details this past saturday of what I was looking for as far as how to paint the hood.