Carbon Spoiler Build Thread

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEre are some pics of the carbon fiber version of my G3/4 coupe TA spoiler, I changed up the colors a bit to give everyone
and idea of how it will look on various colored cars

You must be registered for see images attach

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve are you going to re work the final design? The parts hanging over the rear quarters do not follow the body lines and the bottom edge of the spoiler falls down to far in my opinion.

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve are you going to re work the final design? The parts hanging over the rear quarters do not follow the body lines and the bottom edge of the spoiler falls down to far in my opinion.

You hush your mouth!! I'm drooling over that master piece. So your opinion is not allowed here.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I found that if I had it sit on top of the deck it looked bad so it straddles the edge lip,

Once I have some production ones ready, feel free to drive over and we can mount one on your car and see how it looks

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found that if I had it sit on top of the deck it looked bad so it straddles the edge lip,

Once I have some production ones ready, feel free to drive over and we can mount one on your car and see how it looks

Sounds like plan!

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So in the past I have made it policy to not post pictures of my products in process. As once you have an idea..then model it so that you have a part you can touch and look at...you are still only, maybe a quarter of the way thru the process of making a production part. I only can say this...because I do it and have been doing it for many years. I know the time and actual costs involved to go from art to part. That being said...it seems that people like to see ideas and process shots...even if they are coming from small companies that can only go thru the process when they have the extra money to do so...which is why sometimes these products take awhile to complete. I did post earlier in a thread that I was going to build these parts as well...which we are committed to do...but we can only do one new product at a time...and then we need to recoup investment to move forward on the next. That all being said here are some early shots of the plug and part of the mold process for the new spoiler we are making for the SRT-10. They will be offered in Fiberglass first and then Carbon fiber...I will post pricing on our website when it is available. Spoilers for the SRT Coupe and GenII will follow, but I do not have an exact timeline....but once we have captured the shape..the process goes a little faster.
[IMG
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]]
[/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in the past I have made it policy to not post pictures of my products in process. As once you have an idea..then model it so that you have a part you can touch and look at...you are still only, maybe a quarter of the way thru the process of making a production part. I only can say this...because I do it and have been doing it for many years. I know the time and actual costs involved to go from art to part. That being said...it seems that people like to see ideas and process shots...even if they are coming from small companies that can only go thru the process when they have the extra money to do so...which is why sometimes these products take awhile to complete. I did post earlier in a thread that I was going to build these parts as well...which we are committed to do...but we can only do one new product at a time...and then we need to recoup investment to move forward on the next. That all being said here are some early shots of the plug and part of the mold process for the new spoiler we are making for the SRT-10. They will be offered in Fiberglass first and then Carbon fiber...I will post pricing on our website when it is available. Spoilers for the SRT Coupe and GenII will follow, but I do not have an exact timeline....but once we have captured the shape..the process goes a little faster.
[IMG
[/URL][/IMG]]
[/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
:2tu: a very subtle and classy design, with very well thought out styling cues identifying it as an Autoform design and actually improving on the original SRT design.