Carolina Viper Club 2013 Holiday Party - Greensboro, Nov 23rd

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will be having our inaugural Carolina Viper Club Holiday Party in Greensboro on November 23rd, 2013. The exact location is still TBD.

The purpose of the Holiday Party is to get the entire club together one last time this year to have dinner, recap all of the fun we have had, hang out with our Viper friends, and raise money for our events in 2014. We will be having an auction of a few small items that I will list in the next day or so. We have already received offers and donations from sponsors and members alike. To our members that already have or are planning on contributing, I cannot thank you enough - you are ensuring that this club will continue to be an AMAZING outlet for those that are passionate about all things Viper.

So mark your calendars and plan on the trip! For those worried about rain or any other inclement weather, we will evaluate the weather forecast closer to the event and the date may change if needed. So stay tuned....

Pat B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're trying to figure out if we're gonna grab a hotel Saturday night or head back home - is anyone from out of town going to stay in town that night?

Being in Greensboro, that's pretty central to a lot of the club members, so I was curious what everyone else was thinking.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was planning on driving home the same evening, but if some are crashing Saturday night, I'm game!

Pat B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was planning on driving home the same evening, but if some are crashing Saturday night, I'm game!

That's kinda what we are thinking. Coincidentally, we're attending a concert in Greensboro the next day so we'll be there on Sunday afternoon anyway. However, I don't feel comfortable leaving the Viper unattended in an arena parking lot while we're at the concert so even if we stay Saturday night, we'll be coming home Sunday morning to drop off the Viper and then head back to Greensboro later that day.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't HAVE to bring the Viper if it will be an pain. Not like we are headed to a track or anything. I may actually need to bring our SUV to fit all of the auction/raffle goodies.

BTW, I am back in town and will look to get solid details out ASAP and respond to emails

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are looking at the Green Valley Grill in Greensboro for our dinner (http://www.greenvalleygrill.com). We will have a semi-private set of tables in the restaurant. I told them we would be expecting a dozen to twenty people. Please post up if you are panning to attend. The wife and I are planning on spending the night afterwards. The O'Henry hotel is right next to the restaurant (or connected), but we may personally opt for somewhere else a bit cheaper.

We are working out pricing for the dinner and I will let everyone know once we get it figured out. The dinner may be a bit early, possibly starting at 4:00pm or 4:30pm to avoid conflicting with other later parties at the restaurant. Plus, if you are driving home, you may be able to beat the sunset.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Booked our reservation:

Saturday November 23rd, 2013. 4:00pm-6:00pm.

Green Valley Grill
622 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408

MREEVES

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Terri and I hate that we are missing this. We will be in Atlanta that night. You guys have fun and we will be at the the next gathering, we hope.

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if i can't find anyone to babysit i guess i won't be making it unless i go alone, i was thinking of going up ith the wife in the Viper, or with my family on the jeep, but it's a long trip for my 4 mo old, even if we stayed there, so i'm 50% going now.. i'll keep you guys posted.

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris, Cindy and I will be attending the last supper, I mean Holiday Dinner next Saturday in Greensboro. I paid in full. See you Saturday.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, that made me laugh...

Here are some of the items that will be up for grabs at the dinner:
Click here!

If you would like to bid on an item but cannot attend the dinner, then please contact me.

Thanks,

Chris

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we have a nice turn out so far:

Craig
Seth
Patrick & Brittany
Paul & Joanie
Phil & Melody
Chuck & Cindy
Bill & Elaine
Chris & Stefanie
Brian & Janelle

Spoke to Jeremy earlier this week and I believe he is coming as well. If I left anyone out, please chime in. Lookin good!

Pat B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we have a nice turn out so far:

Craig
Seth
Patrick & Brittany
Paul & Joanie
Phil & Melody
Chuck & Cindy
Bill & Elaine
Chris & Stefanie
Brian & Janelle

Spoke to Jeremy earlier this week and I believe he is coming as well. If I left anyone out, please chime in. Lookin good!

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Pat B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are debating whether or not to bring the Viper.... Looks like a good chance of rain

I'm pretty sure we are driving the Viper, but I don't think we are spending the night in Greensboro - if anybody wants to hang out after dinner we're game, but I think at some point we are going to drive home.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's a complete rain out, we probably won't bring the Viper either.....wait and see. We were thinking about just driving home Saturday night as well. Anyone crashing in Greensboro besides Chris & Stefanie?

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update....Jeremy's officially in! He's not going to break his perfect attendance streak after all. :)

Craig
Seth
Jeremy
Patrick & Brittany
Paul & Joanie
Phil & Melody
Chuck & Cindy
Bill & Elaine
Chris & Stefanie
Brian & Janelle

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Holiday Party was our final event of the year and it was a HUGE success! We know this is a busy time of the year for most, and we thank everyone who came out! The dinner was excellent and the company was even better. We also had numerous auction item and we thank everyone who participated to support the club.

Finally, we thank Chris and Stefanie again for all they have done for the club in 2013!!!

Below is my collection of pictures. A BIG THANKS to Melody who took my camera and shot many of our auction photos! Your hired Melody! :)

A few of the cars:

You must be registered for see images attach

Our auction items:

Auction under way: