Cat. Converter Removal. How LOUD?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking of removing my cats' from my 94 with Hennessey Cat back exhaust on there already. How loud would you think it'll make the car? Deafening? Tolerable? MUCH louder than cat back exhaust already is or will is just sound meaner with deeper pitch?
How much HP can be gained from such a feat? I have the Supercharger packing about 700 or so HP will the cats give me 20 or so HP?

Thanks
Gerald H.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with the above post. I would leave the cats on. I remember the old musclecar days when the exhaust would make your eyes water...it just isn't worth it.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks..

It was mainly for the sound I wanted.

Now that you mention it. I had a 73 vette w/0 cats. My eyes would water when I was at a light with the top down.. Surely I don't want that.

Gerald

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have removed cats, resonators and mufflers, and have installed 3" pipes from flex connector to the rear turnin at the back wheel, installing Borla's with 3" in and out, and with glasspack bullet mufflers at the rear where the original muffler resided. The sound is an awesome, deep throated growl with no drone. It is really nice, and is only loud when punched. I gained some hp, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery