Chance to Show Off

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use my Viper as a daily ride (actually it's my only vehicle) so it gets dirty every day and is quite a chore to keep clean. Finally took some pics of a clean Viper...still looking good and on the road 7 days a week, supplying plenty of thrills for me and many others. I have 2 jobs. One is 1.6 miles from the house, the other is about 3 miles. The grocery store is in between...many days it is driven less than 4 miles total.

94571008c-med.jpg

The 345 Michelins on 19 inch rims look just right and are flush with the body

94571008j-med.jpg

94571008l-med.jpg

94571008h-med.jpg

94571008b-med.jpg

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice.

I did the Viper-only thing for a while, but it really sucked when I had to buy more than like one bag of groceries. Not to mention that you can't get 3 or more people in it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet car and the tires DO look perfect on it.

now lets see the underside of it...lol

OP
OP
F

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to admit that I do not know the type of wheels except that they are 19s all the way round. I bought the car almost 6 months ago as you see it (with some other very minor mods). I knew nothing about a Viper at the time of purchase and the Mercedes dealer, I think, knew less than I. It was advertised as a RT/10 although the pic showed it was a GTS. I didn't even find out until some time later what FE and the little plaque inside meant.

Just put gas in, change the oil, and off I go. Must say, in 6 months not a single glitch....100% reliable. I drive it the speed limit and most of the time do not exceed 1500-1800 rpm. Took it up to 85 mph ONCE...in 3rd...got scared and backed-off. Even the AC has performed extremely well through the south Louisiana hot/humid summer.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
85 in 3rd? that is a second gear speed :)

Seriously though, your caution will result in a Viper owner who can say they never hit anything or took it into a field.

If I jump on it I am on the highway with no one around, slow to 25, dump to first and take it up through 3rd. Just keep it pointed straigt and give it a try :)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ForensicSteve: You sound really responsible and mature. What is that like?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice.

I did the Viper-only thing for a while, but it really sucked when I had to buy more than like one bag of groceries. Not to mention that you can't get 3 or more people in it.

I've had 3 people in mine one time. Granted it was only for a few miles, but the 2 girls in it were hot, so it was all good ;) .

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome, show off more often, I love seeing pics, never get tired of it!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, your FE looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics. Glad to see someone driving their Viper and not just parking it so the garage has company. BTW, I am almost 100% positive that your wheels are Purners.

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it! :2tu:
I'm not a big fan of the BBS style, but i have to admit that your car looks really good with them. Maybe the fact they are 19''.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anaconda

very very boring... the Viper is just a beautiful and clever disguise.

Well, you will probably live a lot longer than me. You have that going for you. If my driving doesn't kill me, I am sure the liquor, tobacco, or my questionable dating habits will.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daily driver. Not to bad. I had my RT/10 as a daily for the first year. I got bothered by the rain quite often and gave up. Also found that I got bored of the car after driving everyday. It lost the specialness. Now I am happy again. :D

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Daily driver. Not to bad. I had my RT/10 as a daily for the first year. I got bothered by the rain quite often and gave up. Also found that I got bored of the car after driving everyday. It lost the specialness. Now I am happy again. :D
I've used my RT/10 as my primary daily driver for the last 7 years... However, that doesn't mean I don't use the other vehicle - like when its raining (as noted, one can't drive a dirty Viper, but luckily rain isn't very common), going skiing (Viper in the snow is not a good thing), carrying something large or bulky, or when I want to carry more than 1 person (with some notable exceptions), etc. Of course, my second car until 2003 was a convertable RX-7, so half of those issues weren't even addressed until I replaced the RX-7 with the Durango. :cool:

But, I moved a (new) lawn mower with the Viper, and getting that 25 gallon compressor some in the RX was fun...

OP
OP
F

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Leslie. I live far enough out of a big city that it's easy navigating around in mostly light to moderate traffic. I take it out a bit further than my usual 3 mile radius (from home) on a sunday. 5 weeks ago drove to Houston and back (700 miles or so) and still a joy. Truly a remarkable automobile and I think the only FE in Louisiana (???).

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve why don't you buy a hooptie for a 1000 and drive that everyday? The gas you would save would pay for the car in a couple months. Just a thought...

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I lived someplace where I could drive a nice car all year, the NE *****. I love your FE, looks great, especially for a DD.

OP
OP
F

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi YouWish

I have to respectfully disagree with Anaconda's comment about me probably living longer coz I am mature and sensible. I am also quite boring in person and other than driving the Viper lead a relatively monastic and hideously unadventurous lifestyle.

So living the way I do will not actually allow me to live any longer...IT WILL JUST SEEM LONGER.

ps.
had considered supercharging vehicle to add even more spice to my ride but with my limited driving abilities and suspect reflexes, all that extra horsepower and torque really only translates to a longer walk out of the woods once leaving the roadway.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I quote....."Took it up to 85 mph ONCE...in 3rd...got scared and backed-off"

Are you serious? Only 85? How do you go only 85 in a Viper? Hmmm if i'm doing under 85 I feel like i'm crawling, but thats just me....... Drive it like you stole it muahahaha

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used my RT/10 as my primary daily driver for the last 7 years... However, that doesn't mean I don't use the other vehicle - like when its raining (as noted, one can't drive a dirty Viper, but luckily rain isn't very common), going skiing (Viper in the snow is not a good thing), carrying something large or bulky, or when I want to carry more than 1 person (with some notable exceptions), etc. Of course, my second car until 2003 was a convertable RX-7, so half of those issues weren't even addressed until I replaced the RX-7 with the Durango. :cool:

But, I moved a (new) lawn mower with the Viper, and getting that 25 gallon compressor some in the RX was fun...

RX7 convertable? Then that's not a factory RX7 becuz I went to an RX7 meeting near my place some time ago and there were also a few verts present. One of the owners told me that it had been converted by some company of which I can't remember the name now anymore :eek:
They also had a silver last gen RX7 with widebody kit and a turbo the size of a refridgerator, owner stated 450hp :eek:

Your convertable would probably look like this:

You must be registered for see images

And here is the Monstrocity I've also mentioned :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi