Changed plugs today

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Changed spark plugs today in my 01 RT10. Everything went really smooth. I took my time with it, making sure to verify a 0.035" gap on every one. It took about an hour. Cylinder #9 was kind of a *****, I removed the harness holding the wires to get at it. Also when I removed the boot on #1 it had been torn against the metal pieces surrounding the plug hole. The wire insulation was torn a little also but the wire itself looked okay. Since I didn't have a new set of wires on hand I had to electrical tape it up until I can get a new set of wires for it. Test drove the car and it runs much better. I can tell that the engine is just smoother. Any suggestions on wires to get? I am assuming everyone removes the intake plenum to access the wires from the back?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
carguy is right, it may also help to remove things like the wiper motors. you will have to remove the airbox on the right side of the car. remember, one at a time, work slow, do it right the first time.

nothing special about this car, its just like working on anything else, it just costs more when you screw up!!!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the wiper arms and the cowl cover to connect your wires to the coils.

Hope you used a dab of antiseize!