Changing the gen1 speakers. Gettin awesome sound

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this on a previous post as well.... Here's what I did to mine and I get great sound. Not mods to the car and looks sleek. Pics to come soon

I just did my entire system in my 94. No cutting mods or anything...... There is a harness specifically for the old setup to plug directly into a newer head unit without cutting wires or splicing

In total I used:
alpine head unit and all speakers.
All new wires, power, RCA etc
Kicker hideaway sub
Alpine 4 channel amp

The original speakers in there are 5 1/4 " I believe but they can take 5 1/2-6" without changing anything drastic. Since your doing it all you might as well have them replace the old amps in the trunk which only give you about 17 watts per channel. Replace it with a larger same make amp. 4 channels with all of the adjustment dials. Replace the RC cables and power cables.

Like I said I used alpine all around. The head unit has Bluetooth pandora iPod cd ect. I get about 75 watts per channel and replaced all of the speakers including the tweeters. Sounded amazing but it was missing the bottom end bass to complete the quality.

Kicker makes a subwoofer called the hideaway. It is about 2 1/2-3" tall and maybe a foot long. Fits behind the passenger seat and is a self contained sub with amp and everything ready to be wired. It's not going to be thumping like ricer but it gives your the low end sound and completes it. I love it all and even with the top off on the highway I can enjoy my music.

What has everyone else used?
What concerns does anyone have?

OP
OP
K

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1?? I'm sure she kicks! That ***** is pimped!!!

I'm out Dog.... (this is not the 'vette forum you know). I'm done wi dat pimpin' $hit........

Cheers!

OP
OP
K

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't go all that far... The sub is only an 8 in with 150 watts lol.... Hardly pimpin
But if you like sound quality some type of bass is necessary especially in the viper... You have fronts mids and tweeters all in the small space and zero bottom end sound

If your into all the thumping around the ghetto stuff I would not go with the kicker hideaway haha

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456