Chantilly, VA Dodge = BAD!!!!!!!

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is F@#$ Chantilly Dodge.

If you remember, I lost my keypad for my 94 viper. Had to tow it over to closest dodge which was them beacuse I did not want to leave it outside and was going on vacation the next day. All they had to do was reprogram another remote. When i dropped it off I told them, just program me a remote. "sure, no problem" they say.

I got a call a WEEK later, and they said it will be $250 for a new remote and program. So I said no way, and called the Wizard for advice.( who is freakin fantastic by the way ) and he explained they are over charging me for the remote and that it is CAKE to reprogram another remote. You just ground a green wire down by the alarm box and put the key in and hit a button basically. He said i should print out the how-to directions on this page and bring it to them if they tried to say it was hard.

I gave them a remote to my 93 viper which I was told would work that way I could just get it out of the dealership without ordering a new remote. They said it will be $140 beacuse they had to run diagnostic tests to figure out what was wrong. They had to plug up their computers and etc to reprogram it.

I argued with the man for over an hour on what the hell he had to do that is costing me so much money. After him [******] to me for so long he finally said "you know what im going to unprogram your remote and you can just pay the $60 diagnostic charge and pick up your car" and he hung up.

[******]?

He argued, "Well i have to pay my mechanics" I said, thats fine, but if all they have to do is ground a simple wire, it shouldn't take that long, what is all this other crap you are doing. That started a big fued.

Im not sure what to do, im leavin in a few minutes to go there in person.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Im not sure what to do >>

sure you do. find another tech. i didnt understand it at first, but i have come to realize why many folks sometimes take their cars hundreds of miles to get their cars worked on when other "shops" are alot closer.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem is it probably took that long for them to figure out what the hell they where doing, 2-3hrs=150 bucks. diagnostic which they did not need, but didn't know that 60bucks. All in all they did not know what they where doing and charged you for the time they had in it, you should probably pay it

And never go back there ever :smirk:

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i told them what needed to be done. There should not have been any "diagnostics".

He made it sound like they diagnosed why the car wasn't starting, which i told them why it wasn't.

So it was 60$ to reprogram the remote, but another 60$ for them to diagnose? just sounds stupid to me.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YES THEY ****!

I transfered my Warranty to the new owner of the car there....well 6 months later I find out that they did not transfer the warranty and DC only gives 30 days between the sale to transfer a warranty so I got a big FU from DC and stupid me had no receipt or anything to back up my claims...dumb on my part and very poor service on Dulles Dodge's part! I won't ever take any of my future Vipers there.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have to agree with you. They did the VA emissions check and yearly vehicle inspection. While there I asked that they change the oil. When I returned home I discovered that it was over filled by 1 quart.I drained it myself.
They had a competent Viper Tech there at one time but he must have moved on.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So IS there a good Viper tech in the NoVA/MD/DC area now guys? Chuck is a long way away.

(BTW, I love this site for valuable information just like that in this thread).

I swore I would never buy another Dodge product about 12 years ago after the dealer in Woodbridge ran my Stealth off the road during an unauthorized test drive (read: lot-hand out joy-riding). They parked the car with its front bumper about 6 inches away from a van so that I would not be able to see the destroyed lower fascia and 10 pounds of sod packed up into the radiator when I picked it up. Then they managed to come up with 6 witnesses who would testify that I took the car away in perfect condition.

I was hoping after so long that they might have improved, but it doesn't sound like it.

I HATE dealerships (with the obvious exception of those like Tator, who have earned a stellar reputation in the community)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we have a list of trusted dealers/vipertechs/tuners with feedback? That would be a good thing to have.

I drive 2 hrs to have my snake worked on. I won't let anyone else touch it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL....Someone should tell Jay that Vendors is spelled with an "O". ;)

ETA: Wow....the mid-Atlantic area is pretty barren. One dealer in Cary, NC and that's it.

Mr. Tator, you SURE you don't want to move a few hours south? ;)

brap

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So IS there a good Viper tech in the NoVA/MD/DC area now guys? Chuck is a long way away.

There is a Dodge dealership in Springfield, VA. The Viper Tech there seems like a nice guy. I had taken my first Viper to him to have it checked out after I purchased it, and he went over everything and didn't charge me for most of it. However, they just recently changed ownership, they are now called Safford Dodge I believe, and I have no idea if the management is any good. The Viper Tech still works there last I checked.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct - Jeff Sherman is the Viper Tech at Safford Dodge and he is excellent!

Yes, Jeff Sherman at the springfield dodge. He just did headers on my 93 very nice guy. Only reason i didnt take my 94 to him is because chantilly was closer. Never will do that again!