Chattanooga autocross 3/7/04

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We usually get 3 morning runs for each group, have a lunch break then get 3 afternoon runs for each group. Small lot but my torque curve takes care of that.

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only been to a few autocrossses down in atlanta and it seems that the porsche guys and guys with imports like bmw make tight tracks so they have advantages over vipers. Have you ever run into that?

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try some real raci! we are at Road Atlanta this weekend. Oh Dave wont show, he PX#@$ out!

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
come on Tony,you only hit the wall once! at least you got it out of the way!!!!! It supposed to rain now on Sat, yum yum, new car, never drivin' it before, 72 cars registered for my race.................Sounds like FUN!!!

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try some real raci! we are at Road Atlanta this weekend. Oh Dave wont show, he PX#@$ out!

Whoaaa there big guy! Dave did not do anything like that. Only reconsidering circumstances now that you SOLD the car I was supposed to be driving, right out from under me! Count me in, before you ever count me out! Tony what time this weekend in Chattenooga?

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony -- I am going to a PCA DE event at CMP on May 1-2. I think CMP is safer than Road Atlanta -- how about coming to that? I am trying to get Linh to come as well, now that he has his new GTS!
Also, there is a PCA autocross here in Atlanta on March 14 that I am planning on going to -- love to see you and anyone else there.
Chris

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think so, there are a few fast sections followed by 90 & 120 degree corners. Its not really a bad track & I won the first enduro they had there in 97 & about 6 races since so of course its one of my favorites!. Its sort of like roebling , but it doesnt flow in the last 4 corners, a lot of guys call it the autocross section. I never had the viper there though. Two tips, the last turn onto the front straight is 120 degrees but looks like a 90. LATE LATE apex & you will stay off the alligators on the left. Take it like a 90 & you will run out of road & the alligators at that corner are BRUTAL, I broke a spindle there & I have seen people get flats in hoosiers on those bumps. It will mess up your alighnment for sure. thers is a nice highspeed kink on the back straight that I really like. You can work up to it & the little car took(i sold it last week) took it flat. After the kink is a tight left, the next Right turn has a series of ripples in the middle of the corner. It will feel like the shock is broken, since its a low speed corner I early apex it avoiding the bumps. Have fun & stay @ the Greenleaf in in camden, Its an awesome little inn that has 4 star food & I think the room is 79$ with a great breakfast every day. the rest of the hotels around there are dumps & cost around 59$ so the extra 20 is well worth it for breakfast for 2. It is on the same road as the track. have a blast

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, Pete. I chose it because it looks safer than Road Atlanta and I have too many friends who have wrecked in Braselton.