Color Match Front Grill for Gen V

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the look of the Gen V but would like to see it with the front grill the same color as the car. Can someone use their photo shop skills?

You must be registered for see images attach

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is something I did the other day. A rather messy job, but you get the point I think :)

You must be registered for see images

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good god, why did they release that car in red? Thank you so much for the colors!!! It looks awesome in blue and graphite. Can you color the grill with those color choices please.

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good god, why did they release that car in red?
It appears they released the car in the "classiest" color available. They've made a much better car and are marketing it to compete with the exotics vs. the traditional Viper owner who wants an engine and a milk crate to sit on. As such, it makes sense to release it in that metallic "candy apple" red color vs. say Snakeskin green (my all-time favorite). I think GTS blue with white stripes would have been rad, but probably would have diminished the differentiation between the new car and the Gen-II.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I would exactly call red classy. However I wish they stuck with the 96 and 06 coupe release colors. Blue w/ white. If they wanted to retain the 'look' then thats what would have been done. Either way beautiful car just looks much better in the two colors that were posted ArnarFB IMO.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it will be popular to paint that front grill. Looks much better. Now yellow :)

I haven't done one with color matched grill, but here are two in yellow

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few more...

(Color quality is horrible, I know)

If you want more, I can keep them coming.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 Painted grill with any color and single stripe ( big fan of double stripes but single seems to work well)

How's this?

Stripe not painted on the grill...

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO Way! If they color match the grill to the car it will be too busy. I like the open mouth look. Make it car color and I will rattle can it black. GTS Bruce

BCBowers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO Way! If they color match the grill to the car it will be too busy. I like the open mouth look. Make it car color and I will rattle can it black. GTS Bruce
I concur... the blacked out grill gives it a ferocious open-mouth look. Painting it really clutters up the front end.

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Gen V looks great in red. Now that I see it in different colors with the painted grill and stripes. WOW!
Nice job ArnarFB!

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeaa... I just came in to ask the same question and this was the first hit on the forum page. NO double post for me this time :) This is exactly what I would like to see in a production car. No fog lights?

Like this?

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a blue with dual white stipes down the entire length of the car with the body colored grille?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few low-res copies of Photoshops that ohiodoc did.

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the Thread of the Day!! Can you please color the car black w/ one red stripe, like the Gen IV ACR? That would be intense.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeaa... I just came in to ask the same question and this was the first hit on the forum page. NO double post for me this time :) This is exactly what I would like to see in a production car. No fog lights?

Hmm... since the V is a return to roots, how about some Gen I/II fogs?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like this?

I now like the car MUCH better. It no longer looks like a Vette from the front. That makes a HUGE difference--kind of completes the front.

By the ArnarFB, you are quickly becoming a popular person on this board. I have a request: Silver and with painted grill with double blue stripes! That has always been a great Viper color combo. Thanks for all your work.