Colorado Viper owners: Cruise & Food on 7-Aug-2005

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been a few months since our last Cruise & Food. We had a great turnout last time... over twenty people and over a dozen Vipers showed up. We had some great food at Maggiano's and drove down to the Garden of the Gods afterwards. Here is a picture from the get-together:

7679Viper05.jpg

It was a lot of fun. Let's do another one! Do you want to go to an actual restaurant or someplace simple like Sonic? Also, what about the drive afterwards? How about Estes Park? I would appreciate any/all suggestions.

I propose we meet for lunch at 12:30 PM on Sunday, 7-Aug. The more people, the better... let's get a big turnout!

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being from the Northern part of the State, I'd go for Estes Park.

And NOMERCY, will you have your Heffner TT beast by then? I'd love a ride in it :2tu:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, we could do a morning cruise (less traffic) from Denver to Lyons and stop for lunch in Estes Park. There is a good Mexican restaurant on the outskirts of town with enough parking in the rear.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detlef... Your suggestion sounds good to me. What does everyone else think?

There are a few of you from Colorado Springs that may be coming. How does Detlef's plan sound to you? If you have another suggestion, we would like to hear it.

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we could make it. I don't mind driving up from the Springs, especially since the last cruise took us down here (very convenient). I like the idea of cruising in the morning--that way, we can cruise together going up there and the folks that live south can cruise together on the way back.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detlef... What is the name of the Mexican restaurant in Estes Park you suggested?

I propose the following:

1. Meet in the Lowe's parking lot at the intersection of West 104th and I-25 at 10:00 AM.
2. Drive from Lowe's to Estes Park. The drive would go along Main Street in Longmont.
3. Eat lunch at the Mexican restaurant in Estes Park.

How does that plan sound to everyone?

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detlef... Thanks for the link to the restaurant.

Here is who I have on the list so far:

- Steamroller (me).
- Detlef.
- Don.
- NO MERCY.
- S-JC.
- Bob D.
- NHL2133.

Are you all fine with the plans? Let's get a large turnout!

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the phone numbers I have so far (I partially masked them in case you did not want your phone number posted):

- Steamroller (me): (###)###-1976
- Detlef: ?
- Don: (###)###-0844
- NO MERCY: (###)###-2702
- S-JC: (###)###-0724
- Bob D: (###)###-3799
- NHL2133: ?
- Mach10: ?

NO MERCY, S-JC and Bob D... Are the numbers I listed for your cell phone? If not, I would appreciate you PM'ing them to me so I can call you if you get separated from the group during the cruise. Thanks!

Pianoman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to come. I don't live too far from 104th and I25. I've been to a few events with you guys but it's been a while.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steamroller, sorry if this feels like I'm hijacking your thread, just think of it more like a...shameless plug!

If any of you guys have any free time on Thursday, July 21st, and feel like a drive to a nice small car show, then I have just the thing for you! Located in Eaton (just north of Greeley), there is a small car show put on by the Eaton Car Club once a month. Starts at 5:30ish, and goes until dark usually. If anyone is interested, PM me and let me know, I'll give you driving directions, and more info if you need.
Thanks!

PS They give away door prizes!

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detlef... Thanks for forwarding the invitation to the CO VCA.

Pianoman... Glad to hear you are coming along! I would appreciate you PM'ing me your name and cell phone number. Thanks!