Considering Adding K+N Filters with Smooth Tubes

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering the addition of K+N Filters and Smooth Tubes at my next oil change.

How with this effect the sound of the car? Neighbors are already green with envy. Would like to keep the noise down on the street. But a little more growl would be nice.

Or should I keep this 92 all original?

Please advise, -Jeff

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 GTS, this was the best upgrade for the money. I also cut out the rain baffle in the air box. My car dynoed an extra 18hp,and 23fpt. all for 65.00 dollars. The car is no louder either, just has a sucking sound.

Reaction score
noise is good my friend...MY QUESTION NOW IS... WHAT IS THE LOUDEST...AND I MEAN THE LOUDEST!!! EXHAUST THAT YOU CAN PUT ON...WITHOUT LOSIN' ANY POWER...IT SHOULD INCREASE AT LEAST 13HP...

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
considering? you mean you haven't already? neighbors? are you ok? get out there and do it already. after gasoline, filters & tubes are the next most important thing to go in your car.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the Nike commercial says ... "Just Do It!". Great mod for a low price. I have them on my '94 RT/10 and I can tell a difference in power.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't hink twice, just do it.

Only noticeable noice is in acceleration in WOT. You hear more air pass through the filters and actually sounds better and less restrictive....go for it.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like everyone else says "Just go for it". You won't be sorry and keep your original parts so in case you need them in the future, you'll have them (this is what I did). I believe this to be the best bang for the buck, especially on Gen I cars.
smile.gif

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it. Best upgrade for the money. My only other advise; since you have a rather rare '92 I would keep the original tubes and maybe even the filters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang