Cool cabin

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my 05 SRT a couple of weeks ago from a Dodge dealer in TX. Under 3,000 miles. I have absolutely zero heat in the cabin coming from the side pipes, and I live in Phoenix. Even the sills aren't super hot. I figure the owner which happens to be the owner of the dealership, must have wrapped or changed the exhaust system. Maybe Mopar? I can't get my salesman to call me back on this, and I stressed that this is a positive thing. Anyone own an 05 with no heat problem, and with no modification to the exhaust system?

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My guess is that your car doesn't have cats on it or that they have been hollowed, and you probably don't have a crossover. Those are the two best ways to kill the heat.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you looked under the car? what do you see? i think kenny is right, sounds like the exhaust was modded somehow.

i LIKE my sills cool, got tired of burning my legs.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 05 SRT a couple of weeks ago from a Dodge dealer in TX. Under 3,000 miles. I have absolutely zero heat in the cabin coming from the side pipes, and I live in Phoenix. Even the sills aren't super hot. I figure the owner which happens to be the owner of the dealership, must have wrapped or changed the exhaust system. Maybe Mopar? I can't get my salesman to call me back on this, and I stressed that this is a positive thing. Anyone own an 05 with no heat problem, and with no modification to the exhaust system?

What's to worry about...??

I understand curiosity, but why stress? consider yourself lucky!!

OP
OP
P

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No stress, just was curious if anyone heard of a cool cabin without mods. on a 05, as I was expecting to spend some money to eliminate the heat. A real pleasant surprise!

BlackSRTCoupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. I called to buy that car, and they told me that it was already sold, so I went out and bought a new coupe instead. The owner of that dealership is cool, and I'd almost be that car has the Mopar race exhaust.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if the dealer had the exhaust system wrapped by a company called ATP wrap. They make quality exhaust insulation and other insulation products for the Viper and other high performance cars (like Nascar race cars).

Very effective products. I have some of their fuel line blankets, exhaust insulation and floor board insulation on my SRT-10.

Enjoy,

Dan

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got rid of the cross over and it really cooled the cabin and the sills.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson