Corsa catback with factory cats?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any truth to the story that this combo may actually DEcrease horsepower due to the smaller cat funneling into larger exhaust? This is a 3" Corsa cat back by the way.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It does slow the exhaust gas down some what, but I don't think you will see a decrease in power simply because the Corsa exhaust flows better than the stock. The factory mufflers resrict more exhaust.

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should not lose power but with changing cats you should see a decrease in sill temps.using a shorter in length cat

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi flow cat! That adds power and cools your sills. Better yet get rid of the cats all together like I did!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is not any lost hp, nor is there any big gains with high flows, as the factory cat is very high flow itself. Most folks do see a bit of lowering in side sill temps, and this is as much a characteristic of common physics ( the high flow is smaller around ),as it is to slightly better flow characteristics.I would not suggest taking out the cats entirely, as many folks complain of the raw fuel smell, and as rich as the car runs, it can be annoying. Also, which Snake are you referring to, as there are different models available from Corsa , depending on the car. We have very good luck with this system, and the quality and customer satisfaction index is off scale.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa,no cats,sounds like Lemans.Once in a while I get a whiff of a 60's era car which is like the shift light arrow.It means you are a ****** and going way too slow. GTS Bruce

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I JUST had Random Tech high flow cats and Corsa Cat-Back installed at Woodhouse. I can honestly say that I am very happy. Nice sound...NO DRONE.

Kurt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine