Corsa Track Exhaust Tips touch when hot

Viper IV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Install tip;
Just a heads up when installing (adjusting) a Corsa stainless exhaust system. I spoke with technical support at Corsa and they concurred you must install the system forward so the pipe tips touch the front of the body opening when cold. They expand 1/2" longer when hot and will touch the plastic body in the rear. Corsa is currently revising their installation instructions to tell you this.
A week too late for me I guess.
So...install them 1/2" forward when cold so they will center themselves when hot if you don't want to pull off the side panels again :(
Regards
Bob

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would think that would expand that much. I'm going to do this upgrade to mine, and I'm glad to have found this out.

I wonder if non stainless components will expand the same amount?

Skip

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I had mine installed by others and they look great when cold, properly centered. The car is cold most of the time. When hot, they move back / expand just enough to touch the plastic in a couple of places. So far, no damage or rubbing, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I may just take a dremel tool and shape these openings up a bit. Definitely, allow for some expansion. LOL.

P.S. They are a bit loud. I wish I could have listened to them before I bought mine.

Ron Jones

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can attest to the expansion also. Installing them far left may be extreme. I installed mine 3 weeks ago and set it up left of center and have had no touching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc