Cost to ship wheels?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any rough ideas of what shipping 4 '00 oem wheels and tire would cost from STL to ATL?

what did it cost "you" to ship wheels?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caution though. Clean and protect the face of the wheels big time. I had a set shipped to me and the cardboard rubbed a rib pattern into the clear coat.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shipped the wheels w/tires still mounted for my 350Z from VA to CA and it was around $150.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caution though. Clean and protect the face of the wheels big time. I had a set shipped to me and the cardboard rubbed a rib pattern into the clear coat.

I recently bought a set of wheels/tires from Chris Stehman out of Florida and he shipped them with just a FEDEX sticker on the tires, that's all! I filed a complaint with PAYPAL and Chris told them it was the industry standard. Still awaiting ruling from PAYPAL.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still awaiting ruling from PAYPAL.
Paypal sux but is a necessary evil. I bought a playstation that never arrived which was paid by paypal and I was refused a refund by paypal!?! (Long story)
From that point on, I always pay by paypal by credit card so when I want a refund and paypal weezels on me, I just put it thru my credit card with absolutely total protection from my credit card company. Hopefully you paid on paypal with a credit card as you could send these back and get a credit from your credit card company.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Blue painters tape. Residue comes off easy with quick detailer

rx7master

Viper Owner
Reaction score

the exact same thing happened to mine, the guy just taped cardboard circles to the face of the wheel. the tires were still mounted on the rim and the tape was taped to the tires. it just ground any dirt and dust into the finish. I wasnt too upsed because the wheels werent mint anyway and i plan on painting them.

scSHOguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently bought a set of wheels/tires from Chris Stehman out of Florida and he shipped them with just a FEDEX sticker on the tires, that's all! I filed a complaint with PAYPAL and Chris told them it was the industry standard. Still awaiting ruling from PAYPAL.

Since you are posting my name as well you need to add "Sr" at the end of that. I am not here to start trouble as I post on the "other" forum and never made an effort to register here until I was informed that my name was here. I could have posted something over at the Alley about the combo that my father put on ebay, linked the auction and have receieved opinions on everything. Actually over there the auction was mentioned in a thread as "a steal of a deal". You know the full story but are leaving info out of it. He also did not ship them that way, the pack-n-ship did- he dropped them off and wanted all 5 items shipped UPS but they shipped FEDEX as per FEDEXs instructions with lots of insurance for about $65 a wheel/tire.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since you are posting my name as well you need to add "Sr" at the end of that. I am not here to start trouble as I post on the "other" forum and never made an effort to register here until I was informed that my name was here. I could have posted something over at the Alley about the combo that my father put on ebay, linked the auction and have receieved opinions on everything. Actually over there the auction was mentioned in a thread as "a steal of a deal". You know the full story but are leaving info out of it. He also did not ship them that way, the pack-n-ship did- he dropped them off and wanted all 5 items shipped UPS but they shipped FEDEX as per FEDEXs instructions with lots of insurance for about $65 a wheel/tire.

It's the seller's responsibility to insure the wheels are packed correctly, Chris Stehman Sr. did not do this and the wheels were shipped with NO packing whatsoever. Yes I did leave out the fact that the auction did not mention that three of the tires were flat spotted thus worthless AND that the wheels were not even a matched set. Three were cast and one was forged.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since were talking about shipping. is there a way to ship my gen2 hood and have someone pick it up and pack it for me? lol i know im asking alot.