Couple of other SRT-10 Coupe pics.

S

sachin

I did a little photoshop and lowered the new coupe. I know that some people have done photoshops and extended the rear end, but I wanted to see what it looked like with the same body but lowered. I think this little change makes the car look A LOT better. Any thoughts?

You must be registered for see images

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents, on the car.

With the GTS and SRT community being very divided on what looks best, Dodge has morphed the two together. I looked at the car for some time, and of course it's a great looking car, sitting there under the lights, looking it's best, and you can bet this car was fit and finished by there best. It simply looks to much like a GTS, not an SRT. The SRT is a better looking car in design.

Now as I walk over to the red prototype Comp Coupe, this is the perfect car. They should detune the ground effects and build this car to be the Coupe. It's best looking car I've ever seen in my life.

Don't get me wrong, the coupe is a sharp car, but by no means does it come close to a Comp Coupe. I do have one little issue with the Comp Coupe, and thats the lower rear section of the quarter pannel, could be a little less bulbuous looking. The rear of the red prototype car is absolutly the most awesome car ever made.

I really was expecting much more, so the drop top stays for me. Looks like we'll have a new group in the ring now.

Skip

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

If this top is real, I will order TOMORROW!!!

SOMEBODY GET THE HELL ON IT, NOW!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
My initial impression of the car from the grainy phone-cam pics was good. Now that I've seen high-quality photos from several different angles, I like it less.

They still don't have the styling quite right.

In this order, these are my favorite Corvette models: C2, C1, C5/C6, C3, C4

(the C6 too closely resembles the C5 to be considered a different body style, IMO)

As you know, chronicologically, there is no rhyme or reason to it. Stylewise, there is. The C4 has to be the least appealing body design, and I believe it's because it is the most angular. All the others had more smoothly flowing lines, though some flowed better than others.

The original Viper design didn't require a "grow on me" period. The first time I saw one, in 1992 at a traffic light in Miami, it hooked me instantly. Just jaw-dropping, eye-popping, OMFGness.

The SRT-10 simply does not have that kind of appeal. (I'd like to append a 'yet' to the end of that sentence, but I'm losing faith in Dodge's design abilities)

Hopefully they will make the SRT Coupe as bad-assed to look at as the original design.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on somebody speak up and let us know if the red car is for real, i think it might be on another thread there were pics from two angles. can some one give us the scoop please.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like they are trying too hard to go back to the GTS. They made a distinct, calculated move to deviate from that form. Even to the ridiculous move of changing the signature association with the original Viper, the logo!

Now they want to go back because so many people criticized the new design. I think its probably best to just move on and make changes to the SRT that people want without worrying about the GTS association at this point. Look at the bright side, now Dodge can come back and make a new Viper in 30 years which is the exact same body as the GTS just like Ford did.

Hats off to Chevy for at least At least having enough common sense to keep the same badges on all of the Corvettes through the years!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip:In now way does the SRT even come close to the GTS in styling. Don't even go there...if that was the case DC wouldn't be trying to incorporate GTS lines in the new Coupe. Shame on you!!!

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all that needs to be done is to extend the lip of the rear about 6 to 8 inches like this photoshop done by Toby. The car is also lowered.

It gets rid of the "stubby" look.

Heres the orignal:

Eddie

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheel gap, yea it's the same wheel gap that's been in all the SRT's. This is why I tell people to drop the car one inch, and what a diff.

You wish, I think you misread my post.

Skip White

DBK1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just dont understand why they dont build a street Comp Coupe? I think everyone agrees that'd be a great looking street car. This GTSRT10 combo is not the new hotness.

Many of these photoshops are much better.

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eddie your top photoshop with the lowered version and slightly extended rear end does wonders for the car and definetly looks way better than the four wheel drive stance and the short,stubby, backend corvette look of the original mock up.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks DC -- at least you got a coupe concept out there for us to look at! The grade for your effort = C+.

You've got a lot of work to do before you debut a coupe concept at January's Detroit International Auto show. Put the A Team on it -- you need more passion and fewer committees. The VOI concept looks like an accountant's hermaphrodite!

It's understanding that you want to utilize existing components wherever possible. The SRT-10 platform has several good performance features and the best of them should be retained and improved upon. But hacking a pseudo GTS rear end on with bailing wire and duct tape -- come on. Dodge has got to play to win on this one -- not just play "not to lose". If you miss it here, you will have damaged the Viper brand permanently.

Get someone on this project to get it done right. It gets lost in the SRT (Sometimes Really Trying) program. Either go with the Comp Coupe concept or the refined GTS concept. But if you're going to go with the refined GTS concept, then refine it -- don't overlap the tailights, fail to integrate the rear quarter with the bumper, or otherwise junk it up. And if you are going to use those curves on the rear, then use the curved gills on the front. The curved gills were the strongest brand identifier on the Gen I and Gen II and you just tossed them out with the trash -- we don't want our cars looking like Vettes!

The bottom line is you've got to get an integrated design. Otherwise the new C6 Z06 and the Ford GR-1 will eat your lunch. If you just come up with a quirky kit car it will appeal to only a devoted and desperate few. You need a home run with universal appeal (like the original GTS and the new ME-412). DC has shown that they can do it, PLEASE don't drop the ball. Otherwise you are just wasting precious resources and will wind up standing around wondering why it isn't a success.

Let's go to work -- FAST!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all that needs to be done is to extend the lip of the rear about 6 to 8 inches like this photoshop done by Toby. The car is also lowered.

It gets rid of the "stubby" look.

Eddie

I like that quite a bit more! Now throw some Chrome ACR wheels and it might be OK! :p

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Vic and Tim....Just added the GTS roof, rear glass and trunk lip..Everything else is SRT10...I too think they could clean up the rear end a bit...and add some porportion to the profile...Nice curve over the rear wheel into the door on the new coupe...But then it flatlines all the way to the front...

I hope you guys dont take this as bashing...I love that DC listens to its customers...Im sure they would like feedback if this is indeed just a prototype....Check out the GTS perfect porportion in this pic to see where Im coming from....

1797heffner_viper1.jpg

No look at the lines on the SRT Coupe:

1797ViperJ1.jpg

Will there EVER be another Viper that looks as good as the Gen II GTS? No comparison, IMO.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
This car has more faces than a polyhedra. Just when I was convinced I didn't like the looks of the SRT Coupe, I see this pic at the Alley:

From that angle, it looks BAD ASS. Lower it 1", paint it black, and remove the Fangs logo from the front (sacrilege, I know, but on that face it looks incongruous) and the car would look awesome. It's just some of the other angles that need work.

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Final GTS, that red top is HOT. I want one and need to know where to get it from. More photos would be super, I love being distracted at work.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep hearing "it is growing on me". I feel the same way. But dam it, IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GROW ON US!!!!

Did the first Viper have to grow on us? Either you loved it, or you hated it! (stole that line from a friend)

This Viper should be the same way. Actually all Vipers should be that way!

The GTS-R SHOULD Be the GEN III Coupe! PERIOD!

I was there. I saw the new one in person. It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not what it could, or should be.

I spoke at length with an SRT employee about the coupe. He seemed genuinely interested in my thoughts and ideas of the Gen III SRT and the new Gen III Coupe.

I got the feeling that he felt they missed the mark on the SRT, and he openly said what we saw as the Coupe is not what he had hoped it would be. He said there were many things that required compromise to make it practical. Like a trunk. I don't need no stinking trunk. My Viper does not need to be practical what-so-ever. It's a toy! It's not for my mother-in-law to use as a daily driver. I don't need an outside temp gauge, I don't need the feel of the road taken away, I don't need trunk space, I don't need a garage door opener on my viser, I don't need a cup holder! If I would have chips, dips, and drinks in my Viper I sure as heck couldn't be enjoying it to the fullest!

When I drive my Viper I take it out for a few hours, drive it hard, clean it up and put it away. I want it loud, I want it fast, I want it to look EXOTIC.

Gen I and Gen II's are EXOTIC cars. The GTS-R is an EXOTIC car. Those look like NOTHING else on the road.

The new Coupe will grow on you. It's not terrible. I've seen worse. It's just not what the Viper/SRT Team needed to stay ahead of the game. The GTS-R however is, and it would keep the Dodge Viper in a leauge of it's own. Exotic and Wild as the Diablo's, the Mercilago's (SP?), the F-355's, the Tesstarossa's, etc... and all at a much more reasonable price point. Not to mention that it will outperform most all of them.

I did ask the SRT guy about the HP. I said you are sand bagging just like Ford did on the Ford GT. You will wait until the last second and then tell us it's 650HP right? He just said, "Don't set yourself up for disappointment."

BUILD THE GTS-R! DON'T CHANGE A THING ON THE OUTSIDE! PUT A 650HP HEART IN THAT BEAST AND DODGE WILL LIVE ON FOREVER AS THE KING OF ALL STREET CARS!

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with BadVenm on all points. When I saw the GTSR at a car show in Miami I was in Awe!! That's the way you should feel about a car. Not to have to let it grow on you. It would be nice to have a small space for a gym or overnight bag. But that still could be accomplished via a lift hatch rear window. Even if I had to contend with a GTSR type wing as an obsticle I wouldn't complain... 1 GTSR please. Or maybe we could lobby Metal Crafters to make a GTSR kit?

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree here about the comp coupe, especially the rear-end. Honestly, its got an ass that's waaaay too big. Dodge did good in changing the design to something sleeker, instead of that god-awful second engine bay in the back of the CC.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BadVenm and others have hit the nail on the head. Why should I pay the kind of money that a Viper costs and then have to explain it to people so that "it will grow on them". My GTS does its own talking! Let's get a new coupe that makes everyone speachless. . .

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why sould you feel the need to have to explain anything to anybody? You should buy are car that you like and don't worry what other people think of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang