Couple of SRT questions

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger. But in the mean time I have a few questions. Srt uses run flats Correct? Is there a tire pressure monitoring system or it goes by tire feel?
I love and must have silver. My 98GTS would yellow on the side sills from the heat. Is this still true with the current model?
Thanks guys and can't wait to be on the roads in a SRT!!!!

VTen555

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a true pressure system giving you PSI just letting you know when pressure is out of range

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly. recently on a cold morning I had a "LO TIRE" warning on my dash. All four were sitting at ~ 23-25lbs. cold. I think spec calls for either 28 or 32lbs. (can't remember now because I then checked all of my other cars...)

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car has a tire pressure monitoring system with a sensor at each valve stem. The cluster then sets alarms in two stages... first stage is when any one tire is at 20 psi - and the lo tire indictor will illuminate and a chime is heard. At stage two which is 14 psi the chiming will become steady and alert you that pressure is dropping to a critical level.

Details of course are in the owner's manual / service manuals...

I have not heard of the yellowing issue on SRT/10's.

RonnieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 04 Silver SRT. Now yellowing issues...fabulous paint job. There is a great deal of heat, especially in traffic...but the problem is easy to solve...replace the 4 cats with 2 high flow metal cats, dump the stock exhaust for a corsa track system, and remove the crossover pipes. this can be done in one day for about $2500.00, and you will loose the heat and get a better sounding car!

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a silver '03 with no yellowing (to tell you the truth I didn't know you were even talking about the paint until I read the other responses, I haven't heard of any paint problems myself). I also agree with RonnieSRT10 re: getting headers and high-flows. I live in the desert and it helped control cabin heat immensely.