Craig 201 MPH

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With your photoshop skills, can you work up an SRT/10 with a replaced front fender that is curved like the present vipers? (Note, there'd still be a straight section on the door panel, I'm just talking about the front fender.) I'm sure a lot of people would like to see this. Thanks!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some of the first ones. Anything at an angle is really difficult. I could do it if I had our Viper and digital cam handy becasue the angle of the two pics (srt and gts) have to be exactly the same.

Compare this...

You must be registered for see images

I like silver the best.

To this...

I think it does alot for the car.
Craig

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig and JP, good job! I always look forward to seeing the work with photos that you guys do!
I like the idea of a GTS version of the Gen III, but many do!
It just needs a little bit more, like the GTS rear lip that JP added!
Also. I really like the pictures from Craig that were posted earlier with the GTS version!(other thread!)
Keep up the good work! It gives hope to us that want a SRT-10 badly, but want it to look a little more aggressive!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for the pics! I also was wondering about an SRT/10 with just the front fender with the curve (e.g., leaving the straight section on the door piece) so I could see what would happen if autoform made a curved front fender replacement piece? Also I think it'd be interesting to see some pics with a more exaggerated curve (e.g., where the curve goes more toward the front them curve turns back to connect with the "sidesills").

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JP, thanks, that's what I was looking for, very interesting!

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The final version of the 2003 Viper will have the fenders crowned and more spoiler on the rear deck. Now, if they could just bring back sports bar back.

Remember, there was a white GEN I prototype that did not have a sports bar...it didn't look so hot.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guy's are ******* away your high speed stability. The car has to be shaped like a dart to fly straight. Small in front, Big in back and very little coke bottle curve. Make up your colective minds. Best sports car or best looking sports car?

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front and rear look great dead on. I like the look of the SRT coming head on. I think its the views at angles that dont look traditionally Viper. I guess I am on the fence, but the main thing to me is the sports bar. I would never have bought an RT/10 if the sports bar wasn't on the car. I am not a convertible guy, never owned one and I probably never will, except for the SRT because I have no choice of a coupe. As for that squared off gap/vent/outlet near the door... well from the side I think it looks menacing as angular as it is, kinda ugly from a rear or angular view because the hole itself is rectangular.

You guys have done exceptional jobs with the pics. I only wish we had err you had done this and were able to submit all of these renditions to DC before their final decision was made. Some elements form various pics put together may have been able to produce a car that more people would easily accept.

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW the comp coup without the coupe part looks NICE and I am not a convertible guy. Still think it needs the sports bar though. I couldn't figure out what it was but I think its the front fender/wheel well

No flame or whining intended, just an observation!!!!!!

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just think we need to add some "FANGS" to this design. If anybody from places like Autoform would like to make this piece aftermarket I will let you know where to send the royalty ckeck on this would-be successful piece.
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude