Crankcase pressure under hard braking

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under hard braking, mainly on the track with Hoosiers or slicks, crankcase pressure builds in the motor. The end result, skipping a few chapters is oil blowing into the air box or even fouling spark plugs. You will then see gray smoke from the tailpipes.

One remedey I know some have used is drilling holes in the valve covers and routing overflow lines, then blocking off the factory valve cover overflow ports. This is my vague understanding, hope it makes sense.

Any ideas, inputs, or solutions?

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan and Chris build/sell a puke tank set-up that might be worth looking into, Kenny.

OP
OP
K

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, thought the fix was taken care of with the "puke can". Even with the can, the plugs are fouling.

Dean, sorry buddy, but I had to work out a brake kit resolution. Its hard to brake hard when the rears lock up all the time. Lately haven't been tracking the car that much.

Any other ideas???

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Adelberg,(tongue in cheek) - Sean Roe has a great brake kit that doesn't need sorting out - it just bolts right on!!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Adelberg:
Under hard braking, mainly on the track with Hoosiers or slicks, crankcase pressure builds in the motor. The end result, skipping a few chapters is oil blowing into the air box or even fouling spark plugs. You will then see gray smoke from the tailpipes.

One remedey I know some have used is drilling holes in the valve covers and routing overflow lines, then blocking off the factory valve cover overflow ports. This is my vague understanding, hope it makes sense.

Any ideas, inputs, or solutions?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You didn't mention whether you were keeping the stock setup - venting valve cover back into the intake. If you
are, even with a trap, you will be blowing oil into the intake
and this will contribute to plug fouling. Check with some of the
techs or racers and see about venting the valve covers to the
atmosphere(with filter) and plugging the intake hole.
Then, after racing, you could change back to stock setup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc