Cruise Night - Sept 9 - Morris, IL

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm just posting to see how much interest there would be in getting a bunch of Vipers together for the Morris, IL Cruise Nights.

Once a month, the town of Morris, IL shuts down their streets to hold a "cruise night" - drive in, park, and then walk up and down the streets to view the cars. They hold this once a month, and the last show of the summer is coming up on Sept. 9th. This past saturday, they had somewhere near 700 cars at the event. The july show had 640 cars.

Unfortunately, the july show only had ONE red Gen I Viper show up. The Aug show this past saturday only had three Vipers show up ( two Red Gen I vipers, and then my dad & I showed up in his yellow '01 RT ). This may be an effort to out number the corvette club, which had a few show up.

If there is enough interest in this, I can set up a "rally point" or meeting point just off the highway ( Hwy 80 & Hwy 47 ) and then all cruise into the show together to make sure all the Vipers are grouped together. This may all go together in conjunction with the "RumbleBee.org" group, as they are having a street reserved for the group.

If you want more information, view here: http://www.morriscruisenight.com/

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
( most of the comments are in the same titled thread in the Gen I & II forum, but copied this post here to since both threads are still active)

I got some tenative times & meeting location setup.

First off, the meeting location is the Wendy's on Hwy 47, just off Hwy 80 ( see map: http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/5656ViperGTG-med.jpg )

We'll be meeting there at 3:00pm on Sat Sept. 9, meeting up with the Rumble Bee group ( about 8 trucks or so ). The show is just a short drive from there, so we'll all follow each other into the show to be sure the whole group can park together.

I'm also going to setup a meeting place just off of I-90 in either Roscoe or Rockford for all of the Wisconsin & Rockford area Vipers to meet up at 1:00pm sharp so we can leave there at 1:00. That location will be TBA. ( I'm thinking either Loves Travel stop in Roscoe - or Farm & Fleet's parking lot off Riverside. Looking for comments on which would be prefered.... )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4