Cruise to Cecil County Dragway - 02/18/2011

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that a few friends and I will be heading down to the dragstrip for opening night tomorrow. With the weather forecast being favorable, I figured it's a great time to get some friends together and take the cars out after hibernation.

Let me know if you want to cruise down with us, you can expect some pretty nice rides in our mix. C6Zs are the norm, but new CTS-Vs and other LSx based cars are always mixed in.

We'll be heading down around 5 pm from my garage. Location is:

130 Hickman Rd
Claymont, DE 19703

My name is Carlo and my cell is "Delaware Area Code" 468-0017

Feel free to come out and meet some locals!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would like to try and get to this (I'm in West Chester) but probably going to have to work late tomorrow. Just gonna have to see how my schedule is.

Scott

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The address you posted comes up as "Robinson Carpets"? Your garage? What time will you be heading down? I am in Newark and it would be easier for me to meet you all at some point south and cruise down together. Maybe Elkton rd?

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably around 5:45-6pm. If you send me a PM with your number I'll call when we leave up here. It's about 30 minutes away.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news and bad news..

Nice ride down. We met at the McDonalds on Elkton rd just off '95. Drove to the track and I was blown away. Huge turn out for this early in the season on a Friday evening. When we got there we quickly looked at each others cars, and walked toward the staging lanes......

.... Only a minute later....Time to leave.

The rain came and everyone expected just a short rain delay. The rain came harder and the track announced rain out. Our ticket stubs would be good for a rain-check at a later Friday event.

Good news is, my older hard tires (with great tread) still work great in the rain. Bad news...My tires....rain.

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Steve, nice to meet you. It's terrible that it just rained out of no where and the cars got filthy.

We'll do this some other time and hopefully it won't rain.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess it was just as well that I couldn't make it, with the rain. I'm about to go out for a little drive now, then maybe clean her up a bit.

I've had the Viper out in some VERY bad rain, and I was pleasantly surprised on how well the PS2s handled.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Frank, just got in from a drive in the snake, Route 3 and 202 - roads are actually pretty clean. Very windy though!!

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went ahead and put the K&N and Corsa on the car today to make up for yesterday. Tuned it too.

Baseline of 443/481 up to 472/517. Ill post up details tomorrow with graphs. Tuned it stock, then added intake on stock tune, tuned it with intake and then tuned with exhaust. Nice to have a dyno. :)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Healthy intake exhaust and tune car...just shows how good a tune can be when done right....congrats