Cruise to Volo Auto Museum

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and dolls, just wondering if there would be any interest in making a trip to the V.A.M. this Spring? I know I could wrangle up 4 Vipers from the Madison area but what about Chi town area? I am thinking that we could all meet up someplace and cruise there together, look at the eye candy and then head someplace to eat.
I was thinking of either Saturday May 3rd or Saturday May 10th.
I know that I am not the cruise director but I have been wanting to go there for some time to look at a specific car and thought this would be a great way to get together.
If there is enough interest, I will look into this further and make the arrangements.
Please respond to this thread if interested or if there is a scheduling conflict with the club activities.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might be able to go. I don't really know my work schedule until a couple days prior due to the nature of my job. Hopefully me and my bro could come.

PS: You lookin at their Viper or a different car?

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told my wife about this and then she says, "You do know that we will be in Hawaii until the 8th of May and you do know what day May 10th is don't you?" (Man, I can't remember anything anymore) I told her I had no idea. Well, it is Mother's Day! So, now I am thinking Saturday May 17th. Sorry about the confusion.
PS There are 2 cars that I want to look at, 1 is a Shelby GT350 and the other is the "Eleanor" car.

Randy91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey black jellybean! Have you had your testicles chemically removed? What is more important a Hawaiian Vacation with your wife or a cruise with your Viper buddies????? Count me in (as long as you don't make it for Mother's Day HA)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time when I went also!

I would like to go also if ok, just need to make sure Viper Days isn't during that time frame:D

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. I may finally get to meet you Leslie. Remember you from the Z06 days.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great guys and gals. I do want to say that this IS NOT an Illinois Viper Club cruise, this is just a bunch of Viper owners getting together for a day of fun.
Watch this thread for updates and feel free to offer suggestions on where to meet to for lunch before we all cruise to VAM. I am actually thinking of meeting at Fuddruckers since we all know where it is.
And Randy, you know I lost my **** when we got stuck in the rain last summer! You are welcome to come with us to Hawaii just remember your speedo, you know the black one with pink stripes.

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be intrested. Havent been to Volo in a while. As long as there isnt anything else going on those weekends. :2tu:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. I may finally get to meet you Leslie. Remember you from the Z06 days.

now we can drive our snakes:D

the museum is great, there was a LOT to see, and probably one of the few car museums I would want to go back to again. If you are into military history they also have some kewl war memorabilia.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is turning out to be pretty big! I am going to contact VAM and see if we can get some sort of ticket discount and a private tour of the museum. I will also see if they can block off an area in the parking lot for us as well. I will need all of you to contact me and let me know if your significant other will be coming as well so I can get an accurate head count.
Here is a list of the people who expressed an interest in going, this also includes the people coming from Wis. that I have talked to:
SMOKNTIRES
MYVIPER
LIMIT
WASTNTIM
RANDY91
STEVE911
IEATVETS
BIGNITALIAN
LESLIE
RADTA7
GENERALLEE
I will update this thread as needed and let you all know what I find out from VAM.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duane, just a heads up.

May 10th is the Triple Cross Auto Cross, it's usually heavily attended. May 3rd might be a better day since there are no other club events (though for May 3rd I'll be on vacation so I won't be able to go then either).

Keep us posted.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked with VAM today and here is what I found out.
Hours are 10am-5pm. They will not block off parking for us as there is ample parking. Self guided tours they do not offer guided tours. Regular admission is $9 but with groups of 20 or more the price of admission is $7. Plenty of food and drink on site. They would like for me to call 3 weeks prior to let them know we are coming and to give them a count on the # of people in our group.
As I stated before, I wll be in Hawaii on May 3rd and May 10th is Mothers day. The day that worked out the best for us in WI was May 17th, so that is what we planned. I thought that since we were coming down to VAM lets see if some of you would be interested in going as well, which a lot of you are.
I now see on the clubs website that there is a club cruise planned for the 17th as well. If some of you want to go cruising with the club, great! If you still plan on coming to VAM with us, let me know. I have a list of all that have said they are going and if that changes let me know.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just ended up being a lucky hit. The day for the club cruise ended up being the 17th due to conflicts. So maybe int he end, we may make it part of the cruise and get even more people involved. It a good opportunity for the WI gang and the rest of the gang to get together. We'll see what happens. Our new cruise director is **** Ward. I'll mention it to him and see where it goes. It would also help you out a bit on coordination.

Thanks Duane for the good idea! I needed a pick-me-up snice I didn't wint he raffle car. I really wanted that damn thing.

mcecars

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I received a news letter from Old Cars Weekly of the Chicago Car Show reviews, seems Volo made an anouncement " Volo also announced that, beginning March 1, it will roll back admission prices to its Volo, Ill museum from $9 to $7."
With 20 or more people maybe a better discount should be given!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Might need to move this to July based on all the snow on the ground :(. I definitely hope to make this my first official/unofficial event with the IL chapter that I moved to 1/1/08.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang