Custom interior and audio build thread! 1998 GTS

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So just a little update the foam work on the bottom of the seat is done, now on to the backrest.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finished the foam work on the top of the seat, sharper bolsters, and a larger headrest. Started on 2nd seat foam. Put the driver side of the dash back together. Pretty small update, but hopefully things will come quickly over the next 2 weeks.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the dash carbon dipped with a satin finish and the front window cowl dipped with a gloss finish. The window cowl simply looks stunning and really lifts the cars standard to Supercar status. So you could have carbon on the outside and inside :)

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The cowl is a great idea. I have to admit you just got my creativity juices flowing. I have some ideas of what i need to do. I do appreciate the ideas!!! :2tu:

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a quick reply on some stuff. They got the box built for the subwoofers, though still working on some design ideas for the trunk. Also finally found contact glue that works with viper parts. It was so hard to get anything to stick to the padded plastics parts. As you can see from below this piece was extremely difficult to wrap. Then here is insert for the seat, you can kinda see the patterns below it in leather.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well took a bunch of parts to the hydro dipping place, Hopefully they turn out like I want. They said they wont be done till the end of next week.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly this is probably one of the most exciting updates of this build so far. They finished the drivers seat, and I about lost it I was so excited. The seats turned out even better than I thought, and really they make the build come full circle for me. Also here is the rear glass solenoid installed. So glad I can pop my hatch with my remote and a release inside the car!!!

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seat looks great! Did they use black leather or a charcoal? I plan to recover my seats. Everyone calls them black, but they sure look charcoal to me. I suppose it doesn't matter in your case with everything else being recovered to match.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everything that I am using is black. Again thanks for the compliments I appreciate it!

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that is insane...this is usually what the rest of us dream of doing but never get around to doing.

welcome to Team Awesome.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just wanted that way not much else, though thanks I appreciate it.

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have been watching this thread since the beginning and I can only say, that I am more than impressed by the Quality and Level of Detail of this build! It is absolutely outstanding!!

There is just one minor Thing, that I hope you don't mind asking: when will you start to cover also the Audio part of your build? It is beyond my Level of imagination, what your new Stereo System will look/sound like if you apply the same Level of Quality to this part of the build as well ;-)

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, the audio build is underway, but you will see it really come togther over the next 2 weeks.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well both the shop and I have been extremely busy which has slowed down the updates on the Viper. All I have to share is that they finished the second seat. Though what really ***** is that Im going out of town until next thurday. So it will be a week before another update. On the brighter side the update next Thurday will be huge!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For fun I thought I'd show you this project. I worked at this shop for close to 2 years! They are a great bunch of guys and we had a lot of fun building custom cars. I wanted to show you the project that is going to sema this year. This was a custom "all steel" wide body. Couple cool notes the wheels are 24x15 forgiato with a 11 inch lip. The tires for the rear are 405/25/24. The body was extended out to fit over the wheels which makes the total width of the car close to 90 inches. Also this is the first new body charger on air. Custom built in a ridetech E3 system with computer sensing height control. Also a fully custom interior with Rockford fosegate sound. Anyways being a Dodge I though maybe you guys would like to check it out.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its actually blood red, though I agree with ya I love the Viper too!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish this was a larger update but the guys have been super busy. Here are all the parts that I had hydro dipped. They turned out awesome.....quick thinkin by fatboy. Then here is sound system starting to take shape. Hopefully the fiberglass well be on there by monday or tuesday.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members