custom Viper

Speedracer24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey everyone i just took it apart and removed the stripes then repainted it and put it back together. let me know what everyone thinks
You must be registered for see images

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and Speed have been working for a while. I got him into it. :laugh: So now him, me, and another friend of ours are working on our models.
1828IMG_1822-med.JPG

1828IMG_1809-med.JPG

1828IMG_1823-med.JPG

1828IMG_1820-med.JPG

1828IMG_1815-med.JPG

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool stuff. Either of you guys interested in doing a custom job for me?

I'd be interested in a 1:18 scale version of my car. 2001 Yellow RT/10. As I'm sure you know, no manufacturer has produced GEN II RT/10's. None that I've found anyway.

Model would need: GEN II hood, no side pipes, black interior, GEN II yellow paint, 5 spoke wheels

Not sure what I'd be willing to pay for such a model, but perhaps we could agree on something. Any interest?

Thanks,

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB18&Number=487728&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Problem is, most of the time you can't agree on prices... Paint, Rims, and so on make the prices go through the top. And you know one would need two base models for your car, too.

200-300 $US, depending on the grade of details you want, are easily reached. Especially if you just don't want a repainted Bburago car, but a car that resembles the real one in every aspect you want.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB18&Number=487728&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Problem is, most of the time you can't agree on prices... Paint, Rims, and so on make the prices go through the top. And you know one would need two base models for your car, too.

200-300 $US, depending on the grade of details you want, are easily reached. Especially if you just don't want a repainted Bburago car, but a car that resembles the real one in every aspect you want.

Concentrate on getting some depth to your paint before you go bashing on "repainted burago cars"

I'm half your price at twice the appeal. Get real.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I bash you? Did I ever say your name?
You're twice the price because I have to convert Euro to Dollar, and that's a difference.

Besides, appeal is something you shouldn't argue about. ;)

I'm just sick of those Ebay idiots, that repaint a model, put new rims on it and sell the stuff for 150 bucks... That's 3-4 hours work.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I bash you? Did I ever say your name?
You're twice the price because I have to convert Euro to Dollar, and that's a difference.

Besides, appeal is something you shouldn't argue about. ;)

That's twice you've taken stabs at my work. I'm not the one that feels threatened. Detail work is simple, and IMHO overdoes a car. Could I do it? For sure it's not difficult. If people were willing to pay me to do it I would but I put in over 10 hours per car in just paint alone and charge under $150 for a gen 2 RT/10 with shipping. To me what's most important is the paint and everything else is secondary. I don't feel the least bit threatened by you, I have enough orders to keep me busy for another month at the least.

When I get a second in my free time I intend to go nuts on a fully detailed car, but something like that is going to run $300 plus if I ever sell it.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow down Craig.
I still haven't mentioned your name anywhere.
The work you do to make GEN I into GEN II Vipers for me is more then just repainting the cars. So if you don't feel threatened why do you even bother??
The only negative thing I noticed was the small holes and little unevenness on the hardtop of the steel gray RT/10. But hey, I saw that picture some months ago, and everyone's improving himself in the stuff. In those picture I posted there isn't a single car I painted on my own in the last few months or even one of the cars that the guy who paints my real cars has painted. So go on bashing.

I'm busy for the next 18 months at least, having 5 Vipers, 2 Ferraris, 1 Porsche and a Honda in the making. That's because there are enough guys that go nuts about detail work. I sell 6 - 10 cars in a year. And all in the same price range. Plus a lot of stuff like nitrous-bottles, wings, leather seats, carpeted interiors or other custom parts.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't buy it, you said specifically in another thread right below my post:

"At the moment I'm working on 2 Final Edition Vipers.

Based on Bburago models and including EVERY detail you want.
Not only repainting in the original FE Viper red.

Interior is completely reworked into a GEN II. Dashboard, shifter and even the "***/360" dash-plaque.
Leather seats, carpet and if you have them... Floormats.

Engine and the whole bay are completely rebuild, repainted to match the original GEN II looks.

Compare to your Bburago cars..."

Seemed like you were talking to me, I saw it, didn't say anything and then you posted this again today.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO Dennis I love that Civic :D

Why don't you guys just get over it shesh. My team will do what we do and Dennis' team does what they can do. At least learn to respect each other. Were all building the same stuff to our liking. I've come to like everyone's work. Dennis has a venom he built I want and Craig you got that sweet steel gray RT/10.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't buy it, you said specifically in another thread right below my post:

"At the moment I'm working on 2 Final Edition Vipers.

Based on Bburago models and including EVERY detail you want.
Not only repainting in the original FE Viper red.

Interior is completely reworked into a GEN II. Dashboard, shifter and even the "***/360" dash-plaque.
Leather seats, carpet and if you have them... Floormats.

Engine and the whole bay are completely rebuild, repainted to match the original GEN II looks.

Compare to your Bburago cars..."

Seemed like you were talking to me, I saw it, didn't say anything and then you posted this again today.

Like I already said, I wasn't talking to you. I know of the problems that come along when chnaging the front to GEN II style. When I said "your" Bburago cars, I weren't talking about those you made, but the stock ones, that everyone has...

You put the hardtops on the cars, repaint the interiors and so on. Let me give you an example of what is getting on my nerves.
Especially on Ebay in germany you can buy "tuned" model cars... They have glued rims, aren't partly even repainted and they sell them for 80-100 Euro... Which translates to more then 100-125 $US.

When I have my models on car shows, I had a similar tuned model to those you posted, only with the stuff I do to interiors and so on. People partly don't care, that's true. They were even asking me what's done over a normal model. Even though the front was GEN II, the whole interior was different and so on.
But those who know what it is about and buy the models, have an eye for the little stuff. They not only display the cars, they also want to show it to others to compare it to the real car.
To each his own, I like it, and I have enough work to do.
I never said anything against your models... Okay? Like I said, I see more then just repainting and new rims.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper