Dallas SRT-10 owners... I need your help Please...

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 96 RT/10 traded it in for a 2003 SRT-10. LOVE MY SRT-10!!! No doubt about it, I love this car 1000% better.

Anyway, I would like to make my 2003 SRT-10 sound better. What I would like to do is eliminate the 2nd CAT with a striaght pipe and also replace the stock muffler with a 16" Bullet muffler while keeping the crossover.

Does anyone know of a muffler shop in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that will elininate the 2nd CAT and replace it with a straight pipe as well as replace the stock muffler with the Bullets?

Thanks in advance...

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't help with a muffler shop in the Dallas/Fort Worth area but something you may wish to consider is that in the Texas summer heat keeping the crossover piping will probably roast you. Ditch it and you'll dump that 30lbs heater and greatly reduce backpressure too. Good luck.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Velocity Performance is doing mine as we speak! They have an awesome fabricator, plus the owners are local VCA members! velocity-performance.com

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats BigSnake!

BC, let us know when you get your car back. I like to hear your impression on the sound. If you can hear it over the paxton whistling in the Texas wind?

What's with all the Gen II guys buying SRT's lately? Crazy kids.

OP
OP
B

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the response.

BigCarrot,

Thanks for the web-site. What exactly are you getting done to your SRT-10? Are you eliminating the 2nd CAT?
Did you keep the crossover?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually eliminating all the cats. I'm a dog guy, what can I say. ;) Not keeping the crossover either. I did four Borla XR1 mufflers in the side sills to try to keep at as quiet as possible while still retaining the hi flow of straight pipe. It's still up there getting some other stuff done. You should drop by and check it out!

OP
OP
B

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot,

I am in Austin, TX on business for 2 weeks, however, I would love to hear your car!

I would like an aggressive sound at WOT, however, not too loud at cruising speed with little to no drone...

Everyone, let me know your impressions on the following. By the way, I have to pass emissions inspection;

I am now considering the following;

1. Keep primary CAT AND 2nd CAT replace OEM muffler with
Bullet Perfomance 16" muffler, keep crossover.

2. Keep primary CAT AND 2nd CAT replace OEM muffler with
Bullet Perfomance 16" muffler, eliminate crossover.

3. Keep primary CAT, eliminate 2nd CAT with striaght pipe
replace OEM muffler with Bullet Perfomance 16" muffler,
and keep crossover.

4. Keep primary CAT, eliminate 2nd CAT with striaght pipe
replace OEM muffler with Bullet Perfomance 16" muffler,
and eliminate crossover.

OP
OP
B

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot,

Have you got your car back from velocity-performance yet?

If so, what are your impressions of your exhaust sound?

I spoke with velocity-performance earlier this week, and I trying to get them my car by next Wed. Hopefully, they can be finished with it by Friday.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it's still there getting a few other things done. ;) I did stop by to hear the exhaust. It sounds great, but it definitely needs a big lumpy cam!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte