Dashboards

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Will an older dashboard without the stupid ugly air bag shutoff switch fit into a 2001 RT/10?

I'm really tired of looking at it. Or has anyone got a good solution for removing/hiding the thing?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -RUNNR:
Will an older dashboard without the stupid ugly air bag shutoff switch fit into a 2001 RT/10? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The smoothie (not pebbled) 1996-1997 dash with no airbag switch hole would FIT, but they also have no power-mirror switch hole.

And the smoothie finish would not match the pebbled finish

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theirs probably 30 more aesthetic mods to do before that!Why would you want to alter a major factory required device,and risk safety and vehicle warrenty.
confused.gif

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK,I understand.How bout a custom viper Logo/plate there ,show HP,mods bla,bla.I even fab it for ya.Good guy with idea's is Randy @ zero flight.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">There's got to be a chemical way to loose the lettering without damaging the dash.

Anyone have any experience? </FONT f>

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'll velcro a vertically mounted cup holder over the air bag disable switch.
laugh.gif

Steve
00 GTS

OP
OP
R

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Never knew about the two different textures between the years. I don't think that will be an option.

However, the plaque idea might just have something there. Will have to look into it.

Thanks folks.