DEALER NOT ORDERING ANY COUPES UNLESS PRE-SOLD!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Went by my Dodge dealer today and talked with the Sales Manager about the new Coupe. It's interesting enough to me now that I'd like to see a production model in the flesh. Yes, I'm keeping the GTS. I recently noticed they had not had any SRT-10s in the showroom the last few months. He informed me that the average floor time for the SRT-10 was 9 months and they could not afford to keep them that long as DC only fronts them for 90 days. He said they were not going to order any Coupes unless they had them pre-sold. I'm at least going to have to try one on before deciding to get one. Anyone know of any dealers in the DFW area that are going to get one in for the showroom? BTW, as soon as DC releases pricing(was told a couple more weeks) I'm ordering a black SRT8 Charger. I need a four door for my new job. Anyone know anything about this car? I think it should be pretty nice. Is it built on the same platform as the Chrysler 300 SRT? Is the engine the same 6.1 liter Hemi? Anyone have any experience with the 300 SRT pro or con? Would appreciate any feedback. :D

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same platform and engine as the 300c srt. performance is the same. one of the big differences on the charger is that it has a real hood scoop the 300c srt doesnt.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my 3 cents, but if I were to buy a new coupe, I would not wait till a dfw dealer gets one. They are not cheap so order the color YOU want and I would only deal with Woodhouse for the best deal and reliability.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEVILDOG, WOW, great to see you are interested in the new coupe, I know you are a GTS die hard, me too, but like I have said before, the new coupe is not a replacement for the GTS, it is just new and improved on....not exactly better than, if you know what I mean???

I love the fact DCX has honored us with a new coupe, it really acknowledges the GTS was worth repeating in the 21st century.

As for that dealership saying that to you, I would call Bill Pemberton, he will deal you straight....

Rick

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devil,
It's the same car as a 300csrt8. Just different styling.
And the srt8 is an incredible car. Go here for some great reading!

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

The price is not on Dodge's web site but it has been talked about, a search at the above site may reveal it. There are also some stunning pictures of a black charger srt8 in there somewhere. If you want one I would get your order in as soon as you can, there have been looooooong waits for the 300c version. MSRP is a great deal, you can find a car on the lot but will pay way over MSRP. I would call Pemberton for sure. MSRP on the 300c version is around $46,000 including gas guzzler but without the rear dvd. I THINK I remember reading it would be low $40's for the Charger version, maybe $43,000.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car mags say Charger is a little tighter, steers a little quicker, and rides a little firmer than 300C.

Spent some time with SRT engineer last week, and he was really excited about what they achieved with the SRT Charger. He really lit up when talking about how the SRT will transfor the Jeep Grand Cherokee, scheduled to be released this fall.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car mags say Charger is a little tighter, steers a little quicker, and rides a little firmer than 300C.

Spent some time with SRT engineer last week, and he was really excited about what they achieved with the SRT Charger. He really lit up when talking about how the SRT will transfor the Jeep Grand Cherokee, scheduled to be released this fall.

Can he confirm trail-rating and tow capacity? Everything I've read says that it's not quite a Jeep, but just a faster, less functional shell of one.