Deals on RC Vipers and such!

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get great deals on all Viper models and RC Vipers from a local shop that just opened. I have negotiated a discount for all VCA members. The name of the shop is Planes,Trains&Automobiles. Email me for info on product availibility. He has an incredible Nitro gas powered RC Viper. I got one and will be painting it to match my Viper!

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the same as Justins car. I can get those assembled with a controller for $300.00 for VCA members. It comes unpainted and is extrememly awesome. Justin sent pictures to me of his. VERY IMPRESSIVE! I will be painting mine to match my Viper. Let me know if anyone is interested in one and I'll hook you up with the dealer. He also can get other diecast replicas.

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, what are your thoughts on 1:10 or larger scale? 4wd handle better than 2wd? Less maintenace with 2wd? What size engine in the different scales?

Thanks,
Frank

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys posting on this subject seem to REALLY know your stuff, so I think you can help me.

For my own personal circumstances, I'm not really looking for a "running" or motorized RC car. What I WOULD like though, is a 1/12 or preferably 1/10 chassis/body/wheel combo to build up and paint to match my own car, as just a model similar to a die cast.

I'm lucky that I live close to, and have become friends over time with Dennis Kolebar, one of the world's most respected professional modelers (his clients are people like Andretti, Jay Leno, etc,). Dennis has built me an exact replica diecast of my Viper in 1/18 scale, right down to the small decals (started with a Maisto), and I would like to be able to hand him a 1/10 "roller" to do the same with. I know, I should be happy with the 1/18...... but remember, I live in Texas! Everything is bigger here!
smile.gif

Can one of you tell me exactly what to order, and who to order it from? What should I expect to pay if I don't need the engine or electronics? Are there more wheel and tire styles available to choose from in the 1/12 size than 1/10? I would appreciate any other advice you have.

Feel free to e-mail me privately if you don't want to post that info on the board. Thanks

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3 r/c vipers
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
but there the electric kind.I have a blue w/white 1/36 GTS,a Aqua w/yellow&red lighting 1/24 00' GTS, and a 1/24 silver w/blue GTS.I'm gonna take pics and put them on my photopoint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery