Delaers win buyer seller lose

Slamstadam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last week I missed one by an hour or so.

Saturday week before last somebody traded an 11k mile perfect red ACR in for an estimated $39K 10 miles from my house, Broomfield CO. Dealer marks it up to 49k lists it in autotrader same day. I show up an hour after they open Monday morning, car already sold $44K they hadn't even cleaned it. Now it just popped up back on the web, in TX $57K... that's some stealer mark up.

Now I dont think that car is selling for $57K and I'm not chasing it down there, but if by chance somebody is looking at it know that the price got stepped on $18K in under two weeks. I prefer the dealer that makes a little on every transaction, not a huge *** on one guy.

This is a WTB ... Send me a message if you have a nice GTS, Blue, Red, ACR i'll take a look, I will travel if the car is excellent condition low miles. Let the dealers make money on someone else.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like to me that the seller won, also. He sold the car for what he agreed was its value and got rid of it easy. Otherwise, he would have sold it himself. The dealerships are a for-profit industry, and this is a rich guy's toy. I don't know which TX dealership has the car; but, I bet they know what the market value is, and how to price a car.

OP
OP
S

Slamstadam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like to me that the seller won, also. He sold the car for what he agreed was its value and got rid of it easy. Otherwise, he would have sold it himself. The dealerships are a for-profit industry, and this is a rich guy's toy. I don't know which TX dealership has the car; but, I bet they know what the market value is, and how to price a car.

I can only hope to be so lucky to meet a winner like that in the near future.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality is that ACR's are finally on the rise. That being said, sometimes sellers don't want to deal with strange people coming to their homes. A 5K or more reduction in price may be a small price to pay, when the dealer takes the car and pays immediately. I can tell you that I've thought of selling my ACR a few times and decided against it because I won't give it away, nor do I want some potential thief at my door.

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Red 2002 GTS FE Coupe I want to sell. #181... 13,500 miles on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456